What's your next brew? Looking for ideas...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey_Dawg

Reaction score
So I am about to order my new two brews for the pipeline and looking for some ideas.

On draft I currently have:
-Strawberry Blone
-IPA
-Wit (just kegged last night)

I have a Belgian quad conditioning, but planning on leaving that alone until Aug-Sept so I am trying to get some beers ready to replae the SB Blonde and IPA.

To replace IPA, I am working on a Red Rye IPA recipe but am not sure what I want to replace the SB Blonde with. Some that I have thought of:

Scottish Ale - something different.. never brewed one but always loved Belhaven's ScottishAle

Trappist Triple - love em

Saison - never brewed one and I found one on AHS that sounds nice. Is a saison similar to a wit? Kinda sound like it but not very sure about the characteristics of this type of beer.

What are you brewing next? Anything you think my fit well with my pipeline? Thanks.

My wife's fermenting her 1st now, Brewer's Best Summer Ale. I'm told it's a shock top clone. It uses US-05 yeast too. It's basically a Belgian white ale. Smells real good so far. I'm brewing yet another version of my pale ale series. It looks like it'll come out more golden/amber,with US Perle & Czech Saaz hops in 3 late additions.

How about a Kolsch?? I am on a Kolsch kick right now, cant get enough of it. Will be even better when it finally starts warming up around here.

Do a Saison. Get some Wyeast 3711, and let that sucker go to work. I just brewed my first, and love it. It's quickly becoming my favorite style. I'm planning to do another one right away, but pitch some dregs from Orval/Jolly Pumpkin.

Do a Saison. Get some Wyeast 3711, and let that sucker go to work. I just brewed my first, and love it. It's quickly becoming my favorite style. I'm planning to do another one right away, but pitch some dregs from Orval/Jolly Pumpkin.

I really want to try a good commerical Saison as the style sounds very appealing... I have had this one but dont believe it is a good example...

http://www.terrapinbeer.com/beers/59-Volume-14---Tomfoolery-

It was a tasty beer but really a Black Rye Saison... which I am not really interested in brewing a full batch of.

A Saison is not really like a Wit at all. They can be difficult to brew (well, not difficult, but the yeast can be a bugger) since you'll want to mash very low, add some sugar, and ferment VERY warm. I am a fan of them.

SWMBO requested a re-brew of my LB64. It is a 1 weight watcher point, ultra-light APA coming in at about 64 calories per 12 ounces.

All Grain (with the least amount of grist you ever seen)
7.5 gallons pre-boil:

2 lbs 2-row
1 lb white wheat
1 lb caramel 40L
1 oz. Northern Brewer (30 min)
1 oz. Northern brewer (15 min)
1 pkg WLP001 (no starter needed)

OG: 1.020
FG: 1.005
SRM: 6.0
IBU: 40

basically it is beer-flavored seltzer that finishes real quick. Kettle to glass in 2 weeks (force carb'ed)

I've been on a big summer/ lighter beer kick for a while. Have an AHS anniversary blonde in bottles, a few lighter IPAs in bottles, BM's cream of 3 crops fermenting, and a wheat ready to brew when I get some yeast for it.

My next brews are going to be a dunkelweizen and Edwort's Haus PA.

And I have 2.5 gallons of apfelwein in a fermenter too.

Going to attempt a Blue Moon clone, another batch of Spotted Cow clone, and an APA. I just need to get some flaked wheat (LHBS was out) and I think I might pull a marathon weekend and crank out all 3 batches.

I have some of Edworts Haus Pale Ale bottle carbonating now, and I have a blonde ale that is almost done fermenting that I'm going to throw onto some strawberries in the secondary for a week or so. I think I'm going to do the India Red Ale recipe I found here next. Here's the link
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/india-red-ale-160034/. After the IRA, I think I'm going to brew a RIS and let it age for a bit, and maybe split the batch and age half with some bourbon soaked oak cubes. This recipe looks good for the stout https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/double-w-imperial-stout-74932/

You know, im frustrated i hate it when i bottle a beer dont have a plan for my next one then get frustrated trying to figure it out. I just ordered a huge variety of small amounts of about everything and stuck with a brainfart,hmm ill just keep drinking my beercamp beers and worry about it later ha.But.. my poor empty carboy!
Oh and definatly want to try a juniper black ale, soo good!

Latest posts

Back