What's your excuse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my excuse: "beer would taste pretty good right now"

edit: doesn't help that there is a micro brewery opening down the street from my work which has been brewing pilot batches AT my work. Keggerator upstairs :)

Last time I thought of changing plugs myself and could barely see them I closed the hood and made an appointment at the shop. Used to be years ago they were right there in front of you...not today, at least from what I have seen.

I'm gonna get a good homebrew buzz on and stand in a dark corner outside with my framing gun and wait for these SOB's to show up again!

Last time I thought of changing plugs myself and could barely see them I closed the hood and made an appointment at the shop. Used to be years ago they were right there in front of you...not today, at least from what I have seen.

Aint that the truth! You should have seen me.. A 6 foot tall, 270lb man with the top half of his body burried in the engine compartment and my a$$ sticking straight up in the air just trying to reach the last two plugs. Not a pretty site I'm sure.. I got 'em though! Now if I could just keep the vandals away from it! :mad:

Stauffbier said:
I'm gonna get a good homebrew buzz on and stand in a dark corner outside with my framing gun and wait for these SOB's to show up again!

Good luck, hope you get something that helps break their cycle... and puts their butts in jail...

Sounds like a new DIY project!

Beer is much more safer:D

lightsaber.jpg

That's just a copy/paste thing. You should see my nail gun owner graph...:eek:

I bet that one is scary! I had co-worker shoot a 2.5 inch finish nail into his kneecap about 20 years ago (damn I'm getting old!). I had to carry him to my truck and throw him in the front seat and drive him to the hospital. He passed out on the way due to the pain. I like to think I learned my lesson from his mistake that day. Although, I still shot a finish nail thru my thumb years later.. :drunk:

I bet that one is scary! I had co-worker shoot a 2.5 inch finish nail into his kneecap about 20 years ago (damn I'm getting old!). I had to carry him to my truck and throw him in the front seat and drive him to the hospital. He passed out on the way due to the pain. I like to think I learned my lesson from his mistake that day. Although, I still shot a finish nail thru my thumb years later.. :drunk:

You're cool. We are in the club that has "seen people shoot themselves with nails but never shot themselves". I hope it can stay that way.:mug:

You're cool. We are in the club that has "seen people shoot themselves with nails but never shot themselves". I hope it can stay that way.:mug:

Amen to that! haha :tank:

Ironically 5 minutes before he shot himself I told him to quit holding the trigger constantly or he would get hurt. The next thing I know he's stumbling into the room I was working in and his face was white as a ghost!

Being a retired blue collar worker,I'v had my share of injuries. Being middle aged sees them coming back to haunt me. About a month ago,both hip joints started hurting like they got shoved through the sockets 24/7. Damn Dr wants paid up front & me to wait to get re-embursed. No go there. But beer & vodka def make good rhumatize medecine! Still soar from runnin around shopping yesterday,then back & forth with e-check & BMV. Now my bad L2 disc is tryin to join the fun...this aging shizz def works.
But at least it's my birthday,with a case of my APA in the fridge for a few days. Also still a 12'r or so of Bud light lime & vodka.
That's my excuse & I'm stickin to it...:tank:

Todays excuse;
I went up on my roof and got jumped by two swamp coolers.. The dirty ba$**rds never fight fair! At least the house isn't 80*F anymore. The things I do to keep my fermentors at a comfy temp!!

Back