What's your excuse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give us this day our liquid bread for we have brewed and patiently fermented. Then we bottled with loving care and whist we waited in the slowness of time for carbonation we read and posted. As our beer approached it's time of glory we planned the future use of our fermenter. When the time came for the work our hands to be glorified we offered it in praise as a sacrifice to toils of our lives that take us from our brew and our brewing.

Let us all offer a mug to every creator of beer:

:mug:

Amen to that!

Today requires something much stronger than beer! But a beer to follow of course.

Just got a call from the Design team. I get to help download and translate files and print out stuff for the sales guy to quote on.

And there is 45 minutes left in my usual work day...

This would have been nice to get around noon.

My excuse today is that after work I get to set up my "new to me" dual tap kegerator. For over two years I have suffered through having only one keg, and having to buy something my wife wanted. Now everything is changing. I will have one tap that will serve what the normal people like...I don't really care what it is but it is usually cheaper anyway and the other one can be something I like.

I know I should be the boss of my own house but I've been married to her for 25 years and she has been training me all along without even knowing it!

Anyway, I'll definately drink a few of something this evening.

My excuse tonight is the fact that it's "Turkey Taco Night"! Everyone knows that you gotta have a Fuggles IPA with turkey tacos!! :ban:

Nobody should ever NEED an excuse to drink a beer. In fact, history has proven beer to be a primary excuse for everything else.

Why was the fertile crescent settled and grain domesticated? BEER!
Why did the slaves of Egypt build the pyramids? THEY WERE PAID IN BEER!
Why did the Pilgrims land on Plymouth rock? THEY RAN OUT OF BEER!

Yes, a beer needs no excuse and never apologizes. I might crack a Tannen Bomb tonight.

If I needed an excuse, I'd say, "It's because my new product has been on sale for five days without a bite."

BrewerBear said:
If I felt I needed an excuse to drink it would be that I deal with the public at work

+1. You never realize how dumb the general public is until you have to deal with them at work.

Because I just got home is my excuse normally during the week. Right now it's because I'm about to play softball.

BrightSpot said:
Wake up at 4am, run 3.5 miles, shower, breakfast... all quiet enough not to wake the wife and kids... leave at 5:30am, drive 1.5 hours through cow fart air to a prison, deal with guys who have done bad things + tons of paperwork for 10 hours, drive another 1.5 hours home, arrive home at 6:30pm to an amazing (and tired) family... all the while knowing I have to do it all over again in less than 10 hours. Yeah...

Cheers...

If I wake up it is a good day for a beer HB or Not. In fact if I wake up and it is sat pretty good chance I am having a brew by 9a.m.

IF YOU ARE IN THE BREW AREA DOING ANYTHING WITH BREWING EQUIPMENT YOU SHOULD HAVE A BEER! That is the rule in my brewery.

Here's why my kegs are prit near empty:
-been laid-off for nearly 3 months now, not nowing if I'm going back to work at all.
-having to go back to school, when it truthfully is not needed, to cover the same ground I have already taken 5 yrs earlier. Oh!! yah, worked my ass-off to pass with a 95% avg.
-living in the nasty camel toe of the earth, not in sunny Az where the missus and I were happy.
With all of this try and make it happy in the house hold so the kiddies don't know that this sucks and hopefully will get better.
Chears,lol.
It's at this time I would like to quote Jimmy Buffet.
" If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane"
Tiem for an Oatmeal Stout...

Here's why my kegs are prit near empty:
-been laid-off for nearly 3 months now, not nowing if I'm going back to work at all.
-having to go back to school, when it truthfully is not needed, to cover the same ground I have already taken 5 yrs earlier. Oh!! yah, worked my ass-off to pass with a 95% avg.
-living in the nasty camel toe of the earth, not in sunny Az where the missus and I were happy.
With all of this try and make it happy in the house hold so the kiddies don't know that this sucks and hopefully will get better.
Chears,lol.
It's at this time I would like to quote Jimmy Buffet.
" If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane"
Tiem for an Oatmeal Stout...

Cheers friend! I can relate! I'm in construction, and it's either feast or famine. We struggled pretty bad in 2009 and 2010 due to the economic down-turn. Sometimes we would go months without one single phone call or estimate. I didn't think I was going to be able to stay in business, but somehow we kept our heads above the water. Hopefully things will pick up for you soon! Enjoy that Oatmeal Stout! You deserve it!

Day 1: I wonder how that IPA/stout/lawnmower beer is developing since bottling?

Day 2: Wow! That IPA/stout/lawnmower beer was really good! Think I'll have one!

SWMBO is is hormonal post emergency C-section
Baby is still in ICU
I didnt have time to take off two weeks before I did so now work is even crazier than it was before.

Did I mention everything is my fault? :tank:

Because its Friday after work, its march 23, sun is out,and its 68 degrees in Minnesota. :tank:

Ever have one of those days when you say to yourself "I need a beer tonight!"?

Well, what was your excuse for needing a beer tonight?

Mine was busting my knuckles trying to replace the spark plugs on my '05 F150.. I managed to get 6 out of 8 done this evening. Tomorrow is another day..

I need a beer tonight!!! :mug:

I have a buddy that tried changing the plugs in his 2005- F-150 and ended up snapping off two of the eight and had to have a professioonal drill them out. Very expensive fix for this so I can really understand wanting a couple of brews after that.

Hey, msa8967

I always thought you looked familiar. I just made the connection:

New_Image2.JPG

We are of the same vintage my friend:mug:

Hey, msa8967

I always thought you looked familiar. I just made the connection:

New_Image2.JPG

We are of the same vintage my friend:mug:

I just love the images that NB put out for these posters. The one you have up is my favorite in the series. I have written them asking if they could make these images on tee-shirts, mugs, glasses and such but so far nothing.

Good to see that there is another fan of this print.:mug:

I have a buddy that tried changing the plugs in his 2005- F-150 and ended up snapping off two of the eight and had to have a professioonal drill them out. Very expensive fix for this so I can really understand wanting a couple of brews after that.

Oh that would be very uncool! I'm so glad that didn't happen to me! This evening I managed to get the back two that I couldn't reach. It's a done deal!! :ban: Besides celebrating with beer I had to get me a Whataburger tonight, as well! :rockin:

Had some pain in my right elbow from a fracture a week ago. Fortunately, the other one still bends fine! Plus I wanted to see how my American Wheat was conditioning.

I just love the images that NB put out for these posters. The one you have up is my favorite in the series. I have written them asking if they could make these images on tee-shirts, mugs, glasses and such but so far nothing.

Good to see that there is another fan of this print.:mug:

I got mine with my first order from NB which was my first brew supply order of any sort. It's a very cool print with special significance to me. They wanted to charge me for the rest of the series so this is the only one I have...cheep...cheep:)

Why did the Pilgrims land on Plymouth rock? THEY RAN OUT OF BEER!
Actually, they didn't run out of beer, they just wanted more late hop additions.

Wake up at 4am, run 3.5 miles, shower, breakfast... all quiet enough not to wake the wife and kids... leave at 5:30am, drive 1.5 hours through cow fart air to a prison, deal with guys who have done bad things + tons of paperwork for 10 hours, drive another 1.5 hours home, arrive home at 6:30pm to an amazing (and tired) family... all the while knowing I have to do it all over again in less than 10 hours. Yeah...
You need to drink a beer in the morning after that run.

Because I'm in China and I need something to wash down whatever the hell that was I just ate.
Been there, done that. I found Guiness foreign extra for 14RMB/bottle, which isn't that cheap, but RMB is like monopoly money, so I had a few.

I teach middle school. Anyone remember middle school? Yeah, I thought so!
I substitute taught middle school--the pits. Regular teacher told me to go home and have some JD. I did.

I have hundreds of pages to read and summarize clearly, cogently, and very succinctly by next Friday, in addition to various translation assignments, etc.

Currently on Eye of the Hawk #2 after a long day at the bottle shop I work at--mainly due to a homeless guy that comes by several times a day, argues with himself over whether he wants a beer or something to eat, generally stinks up the place (no amount of air freshener will help when he comes in...), and scares away customers due to his appearance/stank. My boss and I have kicked him out several times, but today I told him not to bother coming back until he bathed & washed his clothes.

-.-

Well my HBT friends, today I have a pretty good excuse....
A couple weeks ago some SOB vandalized my truck. They got underneath it and cut a bunch of wires. They cut brake wires, speed sensor wires, ground wires, and alarm wires. I don't know what the motive was. They also tore out a bunch of firewall insulation near the transmission. The consensus is they were just dumba$$ vandals or they were trying to steal my catalytic convertors. After 2 weeks of troubleshooting and $600.00 in repairs I finally got my truck fixed. I decided to install a fancy and expensive motion sensing light (another $100.00) Well... they've been back! I got home tonight to find the security light yanked down and hanging from the wires. I'm so frustrated I don't think I can go to sleep. I'm on beer No. 4 and counting.... I found a security camera and monitor at Harbor Freight I'll be looking into getting tomorrow. I hope I catch these SOB's! That $600.00 was going to go to a grain mill, chest freezer and temp control! I guess that's on the back burner now.

Back