What's your desert island beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Founders Centennial IPA.

There's a similar conversation on the great "The Ale Underground" podcast.

Pretty sure everyone in the Alchy thread knows this already but...

Coniston Bluebird Bitter.

Speaking of which, I haven't had it in a while. I need to get more.

I think saison is a good choice. Tank 7 is a good one.
You want something you can drink all day, refreshing, without getting too hammered. Stouts and porters are out. So are IPAs, sadly. I'd rather drink Saisons than Pale Ales or "lite" Lagers. Maybe Hefeweizen is my second choice. Raddler is third. Belgian Wit is 4th.

I think saison is a good choice. Tank 7 is a good one.
You want something you can drink all day, refreshing, without getting too hammered. Stouts and porters are out. So are IPAs, sadly. I'd rather drink Saisons than Pale Ales or "lite" Lagers. Maybe Hefeweizen is my second choice. Raddler is third. Belgian Wit is 4th.

you cannot stay on my Stout Season Island. in fact, you might no get to move to Mars with us.

Have you ever drank Tank 7 all day? I have tried.

It's 8.5% ABV is hidden well and very sneaky.

It is called the Destroyer of Men for a reason.

you cannot stay on my Stout Season Island. in fact, you might no get to move to Mars with us.

That's ok.

I will be with shacking up with thatjonguy.
Drinking delicious Saison all day. Most of the day. Building escape vessel in between the drinking.

Eventually we will be sailing off the island to the mainland. Where we can make even better homebrew Saison and drink it all day.

That's ok.

I will be with shacking up with thatjonguy.

Drinking delicious Saison all day. Most of the day. Building escape vessel in between the drinking.

Eventually we will be sailing off the island to the mainland. Where we can make even better homebrew Saison and drink it all day.

Oh you & Jon got shipwrecked with a kettle & fermenters and bottles & caps huh? And some StarSan. Perfect.

Have you ever drank Tank 7 all day? I have tried.

It's 8.5% ABV is hidden well and very sneaky.

It is called the Destroyer of Men for a reason.

But you *feel* light and sober, refreshed and energized. Not sleepy at all - which is what I feel when I drink 8.5% porters and stouts. Best discoveries are made when you are slightly drunk but don't think you are drunk at all.

I found a fully automated brewery, preserved in a nitrogen atmosphere, just north of Pearl station. Recipes and ingredients for any beer known to modern, and not so modern man. What, me worry.

But you *feel* light and sober, refreshed and energized. Not sleepy at all - which is what I feel when I drink 8.5% porters and stouts. Best discoveries are made when you are slightly drunk but don't think you are drunk at all.

I like your style. :rockin:

Oh you & Jon got shipwrecked with a kettle & fermenters and bottles & caps huh? And some StarSan. Perfect.

Indeed. When *we* shipwreck, we rescue the most important stuff! Screw women and children!
[edit: Not what I meant to say. Only *some* women - and only upon reaching mutually acceptable agreement. Definitely not children. Poor choice of words, sorry]

Anyways - beer ingredients get rescued first! Plus some young and very attractive women. If we have room.

However - if we rescue enough beer ingredients they don't even need to be all that young or attractive.

Don't forget a vial of saison yeast and maybe some barley. A bit of hop seeds. Perhaps a fridge with some solar panels to power them. We are definitely not going to drink warm tropical island temperature saison, like some sort of animals or prehistoric cavemen. We have STANDARDS!

Also, we will make sure to get a satellite phone.

To call coast guard and be rescued, once we are out of ingredients.

Indeed. When *we* shipwreck, we rescue the most important stuff. Screw women and children. [edit: mostly/selectively *some* women. definitely not children. Poor choice of words, sorry]

Beer ingredients get rescued first! Plus some young and very attractive women. If we have room.

However - if we rescue enough beer ingredients they don't even need to be all that young or attractive.

Don't forget a vial of saison yeast and maybe some barley. A bit of hop seeds. Perhaps a fridge with some solar panels to power them. We are definitely not going to drink warm tropical island temperature saison, like some sort of animals or prehistoric cavemen. We have STANDARDS!

Also, we will make sure to get a satellite phone.

To call coast guard and be rescued, once we are out of ingredients.

You plan ahead, and I respect that.

Good call on not screwing kids.

Pearl station available, then i think i'll indeed go for st bernardus witbier.

My favourite summer drinker anyway and you can drink quite a few without "fatigue"

Latest posts

Back