What's your accent?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo...I didnt know what a bubbler was until you guys told me, and it makes sense (I guess). But what the crap is a "Tyme machine."

OK, so I just looked it up...an ATM is a Tyme machine?! That's absolutely ridiculous!!! WHere in the hell did that come from??

You guys are silly :fro:

Re Tyme machine. Heck if I know but they all used to say it. Not sure if they do anymore.

tyme.jpg

I'm guilty: I call everything Coke. If a friend asks me to bring over chips and coke, I might show up with sprite.

bubbler is applicable to bostonspeak.
so is....
cruiser (croosa)....cop cars
bangin a u-ie (yooie)......turning a car around on a 2 way street

i also find that you can expodentially imporve an insult to a bostonier by adding 'bedwetting' in front of the noun/insult. example:

Just do the f*ucking shot, you bedwetting lightweight.

desertBrew said:
Re Tyme machine. Heck if I know but they all used to say it. Not sure if they do anymore.

tyme.jpg

It's taken me years to try to stop from saying Tyme machine. I now usually say ATM, but still slip up occasionally.

Yup, the quiz got me...You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Well except for the 'pop'. It's soda.

The Midland, no accent at all. Glad I do not have the West Texas accent haha.

It gave me inland north too. And pop's side being from west by God & having spent so much time there,I can get a drawl going bigtime. Usually when I'm in a good mood or drunk. Which oddly enough occurs at the same time quite often. I hate it when I agree with someone,saying "I'll tell ya what!"..& they say "what?". And since I've lived about every moment the blue collar boys make jokes out of,well...I might be a redneck...partly anyway.

Holy resurrection!

Pretty soon people are going to open old stuff up I posted 10 yrs ago.

Ha!

Surprised the quiz was still around!

I got picked as being from the Great Lakes area. I struggled with one or two. I sometimes swap a few vowels for the upper midwest/canada sounds. Like "about" I sometimes say as, "aboot". Picking up on other accents is fun!

Midland. Nailed it. I do claim to have no accent, since I spent my childhood in the south, and I do currently live in Missouri.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Home Brew mobile app.

It said West for me. I live in Maine and have for most of my life. I don't switch"r" sounds and "ah" sounds though, so I guess I didn't fit the Northeast profile.

Back