What's with ECY's facebook page? Gone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
I didn't want to post this on the "ECY on love2brew.com right now!" and risk an ongoing conversation that would make people think more yeast kept getting released.

Anyway, after ordering a vial of ECY01 Bug Farm earlier this afternoon (I got lucky and grabbed it before it sold out), I went looking for any information about the new blend. The love2brew.com description still refers to the 2014 version. And the EastCoastYeast.com description is just the generic non-year-specific blurb.

So, I went to check out the ECY facebook page to see if there was any updated information there. But I couldn't find the page. I know there used to be one, but apparently it's gone/shut down.

Did I just fail at searching facebook correctly? Or is the page actually gone? I know there weren't a whole lot of posts on a regular basis, but it was at least a place to look for information and possibly have a chance of finding something. Maybe the page was just constantly inundated with requests for them to produce more homebrew sized batches? Or maybe lots of complaints that they don't produce more? Maybe it got too negative with people whining about not being able to get the stuff?

Anyway, hopefully the facebook page going away isn't a bad sign for the future of the company.

Also, if anybody does happen to have any info about the newest batch of Bug Farm, I'd love to hear about it.

That went away at least before Oct 2015, because I went searching for info on the 2015 ECY20 batch. When I failed to find it. I confirmed with Love2Brew that it was indeed gone. ECY yeast keeps showing up, so I don't think it's signaled any change there.

Back