What's THE worst movie you've ever seen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeeGee said:
And the bar scene where Costner and husband of Sarandon wind up out back is filmed in Mitch's Tavern, my old college hole in the wall, and the only bar I've ever been kicked out of twice! Count me in the hate Costner club, but Bull Durham is a good movie and his tirade to Sarandon while she's trying to play husband of Sarandon against him is classic. Field of Dreams was good, too. Otherwise, he's only a hair better than Keanu and Charlie Sheen.

that's classic BeeGee! was that same guy sitt'n at the shoe shine stand by the pool tables!:D

I thought that was Jeff Goldblum in that. You are spot on with the Bad Movie Monniker, though.

DeRoux's Broux said:
that's classic BeeGee! was that same guy sitt'n at the shoe shine stand by the pool tables!:D
The scene for Nuke has been called up? That's a pool hall in Durham...I'm talking about the scene closer to the beginning when Nuke and Costner meet for the first time in the little bar with the dancing. Actually, there's no dance floor there, all the furniture was rearranged for the shoot...just tables. I did happen to be in there one night when Max Patkin, the Clown Prince of Baseball showed up and bought everybody some beer!

Truble said:
I thought that was Jeff Goldblum in that. You are spot on with the Bad Movie Monniker, though.

yep, jeff goldblum and i think Gina Davis was the lead in it too? i thought jim was in it? maybe not....just another bad movie:D

BeeGee said:
The scene for Nuke has been called up? That's a pool hall in Durham...I'm talking about the scene closer to the beginning when Nuke and Costner meet for the first time in the little bar with the dancing. Actually, there's no dance floor there, all the furniture was rearranged for the shoot...just tables. I did happen to be in there one night when Max Patkin, the Clown Prince of Baseball showed up and bought everybody some beer!

gotcha! i remember now. been a couple moons since i've seen it....:D

wild said:
The worst movies I've seen are two bombs from Bill Murray; Lost in Translation (2003) and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004). I've finally learned that ol' Bill doesn't produce the comedy I once enjoyed from him.

Wild

Bill Murray's humor has changed, but I think it's great deadpan comedy. I loved The Life Aquatic. Wes Anderson is one of the great filmmakers of our time. IMHO. Lost in Translation is a chick flick with Scarlett Johanson in it, which means you can watch it on a date, and fantasize about getting it on with someone a lot hotter than the girl sitting next to you. It's win-win. And I thought it was a pretty good movie. As chick flicks go, it's tops.

I saw Halloween 6 in the theater. It's the first movie I've ever slept through.

A movie that I both love and hate is Pearl Harbor. The war scenes (esp. the Doolittle Raid) kick ass, but the crappy love scenes intertwined into it damn near ruined it for me. At least it was Liv Tyler.

Sam75 said:
A movie that I both love and hate is Pearl Harbor. The war scenes (esp. the Doolittle Raid) kick ass, but the crappy love scenes intertwined into it damn near ruined it for me.

Oh yeah, that was ruined by the love story. And what was the stupid mission tacked onto the end? It would've been a much better movie if it ended with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Instead, they ruined the dramatic effect.

dancingbarefoot said:
Oh yeah, that was ruined by the love story. And what was the stupid mission tacked onto the end? It would've been a much better movie if it ended with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Instead, they ruined the dramatic effect.

What stupid mission at the end....you mean where all the bombers took off from the aircraft carrier? That was the Doolittle Raid; an actual event. While not a tactically significant attack, is was IMO probably the ballsiest air mission ever undertaken. Pretty well portrayed in the movie, too, if my understanding of the history is correct.

Or was there something else tacked on that was so crappy that I brain dumped it? :D

Sam75 said:
What stupid mission at the end....you mean where all the bombers took off from the aircraft carrier? That was the Doolittle Raid; an actual event.

Whether historical or not, it didn't seem to fit at the end of the movie (the Fire-Bombing of Dresden happened, too, but they didn't tack that onto the end, either). I just thought it would've ended better with the horrors of Pearl Harbor. There's this whole build-up to the Japanese attack and then the climax, and then it just kept going for another 40 minutes. They should've called it, "Sappy Unrealistic Love Story, Pearl Harbor, and Another Pacific Theater Mission." ;)

Sure, but Dresden was in the European theater. The bombing of Pearl Harbor was the beginning of our involvement in the Pacific theater. I thought the Doolittle raid fit perfectly, as it was our little "screw you" message that we sent them for their attack on PH. Plus, it let them know that they certainly had "awoken the sleeping giant."

Strip out the love story schlock=awesome movie. It would have been fine with me if they found another way to keep Liv Tyler in the movie, though. Maybe a WAC or WASP pilot, or something.

hollywood didn't want to end the movie on a bad note. had to show the States getting retaliation :~)

the fire bombings of Japan were WAY more destructive and killed more people than the 2 h-bombs. could have ended on that note ......

Sam75 said:
Sure, but Dresden was in the European theater.

Dresden is in Europe? :rolleyes: OK, so poor choice of examples. I could've said Iwo Jima or any other Pacific campaign. ;)

Sam75 said:
I thought the Doolittle raid fit perfectly, as it was our little "screw you" message that we sent them for their attack on PH. Plus, it let them know that they certainly had "awoken the sleeping giant."

Yeah, that's exactly what I didn't like about it. It would've been a better movie, IMHO, ending with the somber mood of PH. We all know how the war ended anyway - the 'screw you' message didn't add anything to the movie. **two cents**

dancingbarefoot said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I didn't like about it. It would've been a better movie, IMHO, ending with the somber mood of PH. We all know how the war ended anyway - the 'screw you' message didn't add anything to the movie. **two cents**

Unfortunately, that is Hollywood for you. Just once I'd like to see the "home" team LOSE in the bottom of the ninth. Black screen, good-bye folks.

Dude said:
Unfortunately, that is Hollywood for you. Just once I'd like to see the "home" team LOSE in the bottom of the ninth. Black screen, good-bye folks.

I've seen few, but man, sometimes you really love that ending. I can't even remember a movie title off the top of my head like that, but I can remember some of the endings.

Seriously, there's a bigger impact there sometimes. I remember being little, and watching a sci-fi series on PBS with my mother. During the course of the series, characters would be lost. Sometimes you liked them, sometimes you didn't, but they were gone. At the very last episode, everybody was down but one character. He was given the chance to help the enemy and turn his back to the cause they all had fought and died for. He was surrounded by the enemy, and facing a very important person of the enemy. He was inited to join them. The screen went blank, and there were the sounds of weapon fire, followed by silence. It was a great ending, something that stuck with me.

I imagine that if they had won their war, it would not have had the same impact. I probably would not have remembered it, as many other series I have forgotten. It's too bad we don't get more movies that make us think.

Fun post.

So many to choose from.

I can't tell if the guy touting "Waterworld" as a great Costner flick is being sarcastic or serious? Isn't it on record as loosing the most money of any film ever? ...not that I agree with the mass market...

I think we need to distinguish between films that MEAN to be bad (and so are enjoyable) (like... maybe some Sandler... definitely something like the attack of the killer tomatoes), and some that were supposed to be good, and SUCK ... for which my vote goes to (only because it is the most recent in my mind)..

XXX - state of the union

...now... I'm a little embarrassed to even admit to watching it (in my defence, we were late for the movie we planned to see, and that's just what was starting)... but the first XXX was actually decent as a no-brainer fun action flick. This one was so indescribably bad I actually considered asking for my money back. I'm getting flustered just thinking about it. Did they think they could make ice cube NOT look like a fat secret agent by having him untuck his shirt the whole time? *stopping myself before I take off on a rant*

I just saw "Team America World Police", and it's up there with bad movies. It's that puppet movie by the guys who made South Park.

Don't get me wrong, there was like 45 minutes of incredible funny in there. It's too bad the movie was about a half-hour too long. They kind of burned the movie out, and some parts were just plain terrible.

Hands down for me is Airborn with Steve Guttenburgh. They stuck a magnet to a DC-3 then when they got inside, the cockpit was all digital. The Stonecutters should make someone else a star!

The worst movie I ever saw was Cheyco's home-made epic about naked sunbathing. Really a revolting production. Even his dog looked embarrassed to be in it.

Aside from MST3K movies, I'd have to say any Kevin Costner movie ever made. Why does anyone let him make movies? Dancing Barefoot

You're kidding, right? I think Costner makes excellent movies, esp For Love of the Game & Bull Durham

Here's bad: BeWitched. SWMBO brought that one home the other day. What a wasted night.

Honorable Mention: anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey.

The absolute worst movie of all time ever made would be Spy Kids. That was an insult to my rear end that i had to sit there for 10 minutesa to watch it

ablrbrau said:
Aside from MST3K movies, I'd have to say any Kevin Costner movie ever made. Why does anyone let him make movies? Dancing Barefoot

You're kidding, right? I think Costner makes excellent movies, esp For Love of the Game & Bull Durham

No, not kidding at all. I haven't seen Bull Durham, but every other KC movie that I've had to sit through made me want to bash my own head in to end the suffering.

I personally despise all of the Karate Kid movies, and anything with Corey Feldman or Corey Haim. Anything on Lifetime sucks, as far as TV is concerned. All those movies have names like " Cruel Betrayal" and have some poor woman who is in danger of being killed by her philandering husband and his hot, younger gilfriend. Makes all men look like wife- killing pigs, when in truth, were just regular pigs.

ablrbrau said:
Honorable Mention: anything with Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey.

Are you kidding? You didn't like Happy Gilmore?
102.gif

First of all, I can't believe someone mentioned Remo Williams and I also can't believe you thought it was one of the worst movies of all time!

Here are a few of my least favorite movies; Cobb ( I love baseball and I thought this movie was a steaming pile of poop. Congo sucked big time. My wife made me see How to Lose a Guy in 10 days AND A History of Violence. Both were awful.

sudsmonkey said:
Anything on Lifetime sucks, as far as TV is concerned.

Amen! Whoever's responsible for that channel - and any like it, like, say, Oxygen - should be taken out in a field and shot. :mad:

Sasquatch said:
The worst movie I ever saw was Cheyco's home-made epic about naked sunbathing. Really a revolting production. Even his dog looked embarrassed to be in it.

Cheyco said:
I hope the cops give me that tape back. The premier of Airwolf was on it.

This sequence had me laughing so hard everyone in my office is now looking at me funny.

:rockin:

Cheyco said:
The Stonecutters should make someone else a star!

Now that's a nice obscure reference! Good one! :D

Fun thread, y'all. IMHO Kevin Costner is bloody awful.

Most disappointing movie ever might have been Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones.

"Around the survivors a perimeter create..." <--bad, excessive yoda-speak.

And the damn love scenes! Horrible dialog.

Still, it's a Star Wars movie and I have definitely seen worse.

I saw the first 10 minutes of a movie called 100 girls one time that was absolutely horrible. I'll sit through some crappy movies, but not that one.

And I like Chocolat. Well done flick.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension

Any movie that stars an adventurer/surgeon/rockstar has GOT to suck a*s.

-walker

I have to say I really enjoy some of the movies that got blasted here...

Ford Fairlane... saw it in the theatre and owned it on DVD, might have to get another copy

Remo Williams... funny B movie, never took itself serious

Bakaroo Banzia... What a riot!! pure comicbook fantasy. Just thinking about it has me LMOA.

Now some bad.

Kevin Costner... Yeah lots of tripe, but Fandango is pretty damn funny.

Pearl Harbor... It fell into the classic WW2 movie pitfall of the love story filler. Nothing ruins a war movie faster. and for what it is worth it was Kate Beckinsale that was the love interest ( plus Jennifer Garner, Jaime King), Liv & Ben (and his new caps) were in Armeggedom which should have made this list and I'll add now.

I can't think of any real clunkers right now even though I seen some doozies but here's one

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon. -- Saw this in the theatre on a date. We both hated it and almost walked out. I expected it to be a serious movie now I think it is a laugh riot and enjoy it alot.

Speaking of which... Gymkata... now that was a steamy pile

I'll think on this & post again

and for what it is worth it was Kate Beckinsale that was the love interest ( plus Jennifer Garner, Jaime King), Liv & Ben (and his new caps) were in Armeggedom which should have made this list and I'll add now.

Damn, you're right!

Hippie said:
Bakaroo Banzia... What a riot!! pure comicbook fantasy. Just thinking about it has me LMOA.
That's how I remembered the movie for a long time. Then, I decided to watch it again (this was about a year ago) and I could barely get through it.

-walker

Back