What's the name of the thing that pushes CO2 into a tank to fill a vacuum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanppp

Reaction score
You know, it's a piece of equipment you hook a CO2 tank to and say if you are crash cooling instead of pulling in air you can pull in CO2 because this thing trickles the gas in as needed. What's that thing called?!

One of these will work pretty well...

415LEd43nSL.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
so out of curiousity, what's the difference (in a practical sense) between this device and just hooking up your keg to a co2 line at like 1psi?

so out of curiousity, what's the difference (in a practical sense) between this device and just hooking up your keg to a co2 line at like 1psi?

About $60.

A breather will only flow gas when it feels a vacuum. And the intent is to only replace what is drawn off, not to actually pressurize.

One of these will work pretty well...

415LEd43nSL.jpg

Cheers!

These are about a half psi, cheap, and work perfectly. This is what you want, OP. I used mine during the crash of every beer for the last two years with no problems. It also pushes gas into my fermenter during racking. I am still on the first 20lb CO2 tank, which also gets used for partially carbing kegs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back