Whats the difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cncquinn

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been brewing for about a year now. Recently I've had a request from a neighbor for a gluten free beer. My question is. Besides the ingredients, what's the difference. I do extract brewing and I'd like to brew a batch for him. Is there I difference in the process of brewing. How about for priming any difference in that? And if there are any easy recipies you could suggest I try, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

This site is a veritable gold mine for gluten free beer brewing. Gluten free extract brewing is pretty much the same as with barley based brews except you can use Briessweet sorghum LME and you will want to consider some additional additions. Study the other posts on this site. My opinion is that you will want to add belgian candy syrup (inverted sugar syrup, not the rock candy kind) and maltodextrin as a minimum. Depending on the type of beer you are shooting for will dictate the additions. I would consider using Safale US-05 yeast.

I'll keep looking through the post on this page. I'm always interested in expanding my brewing

Back