Whats the best way to clean beer faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainfever

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a beermeister out of an old freezer chest. It will fit 4 Cornys perfectly although I only have two for now. I purchased a used bermeister setup, Co2 bottle, faucet, hoses and tap. My wifes grandfather used to own a beer distributor and I have a box of his old taps. I was going through it and realized that the faucets were the same as the one I bought. Looking inside I noticed that all of them are pretty grungy looking, I'm assuming its tarnish. My wife would like for me to use some of them in honor of her grandfather. Whats the best way to clean these up? Are there washers or O rings inside that need replacing? I dont want to hook everything up and find out that they leak.

It's possible to find replacement gaskets or at least similarly sized ones. Some info on the faucet might help. At the least you can get a wide range of o-ring/gasket sizes through McMaster Carr. It'll help to save the old ones to campare ID to.

A soak in BLC or PBW or Oxiclean should do the trick to free up the grunge. Elbow grease and a good polish should get rid of the tarnish and bring back the shine if they are stainless steel.

Back