what's re cleaned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so if i buy recleaned barley...does that mean they harvested it, then got it dirty, then cleaned it again? i'm at a loss? how do you 'reclean' something, unless it was clean, then you got it dirty?

These quality grains are processed over three layers of screens to remove foreign material larger than the grain (cobs, stems, etc.) and particles smaller than the grain (fines, etc.). Finally the screened grain is passed through an air stream to further remove fines, light weight dust and chaff which may have rolled over the screens. The result is a clean, high quality grain product for your livestock mixing or feeding purposes.

Screens are the clean and air stream is the re-clean

These quality grains are processed over three layers of screens to remove foreign material larger than the grain (cobs, stems, etc.) and particles smaller than the grain (fines, etc.). Finally the screened grain is passed through an air stream to further remove fines, light weight dust and chaff which may have rolled over the screens. The result is a clean, high quality grain product for your livestock mixing or feeding purposes.

Screens are the clean and air stream is the re-clean

Thank You for the explanation! :mug:

i would say it does look shinier then the other brand i was getting. but this has more corn kernels and grass seeds.

Back