Whats planned for your next 3 brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
I just ordered some different kits from Austin HBS for my next 3 upcoming batches. I plan on brewing at least 2 this upcoming weekend to try and get my pipeline flowing again. I've been slacking on my brewing with a busy schedule as of recent.

So in the meantime, while I wait anxiously for my ingredients to arrive I thought it would be interesting to see what brews everyone has planned to prepare for the future. I have the following lined up:

AHBS Pacific Jade Pale Ale (Spring Seasonal)
AHBS Oatmeal Stout
AHBS Biere De Garde​

I'm curious about the Pacific Jade as I don't think I've ever tasted this particular hop before (ah, the beauty of homebrewing). I haven't made a stout since my Guinness clone a few months ago and It's always hard for me to resist a stout. The Biere de Garde will be my first Belgian/French style brew and I figured it was well suited for the time of year. So what are your next couple of brews going to be?

I too ordered the Jade Pale Ale, Guess I was feeling adventurous. That's not planned for another 4 batches or so though. Enjoy!

Otherwise I have

AHS Belgian Wheat (to turn into Strawberry Blonde)
Sam Adams Summer Ale Clone
AHS British Pale Ale
AHS American IPA
AHS American Amber Ale

I never plan past my next batch - in fact, I seldom plan that far ahead, even, except that I know my next batch will be an American Ale (Safale 05 in fridge) and it will have at least two ounces of Amarillo hops in it (my favorite - a little less than a pound in freezer). Other than that, when I walk into the LHBS I wing it.

I've only brewed one (Belgian Strong Dark Ale) so far.

For my next 3, I'm alternating my love of Belgians with a desire to try a broad spectrum of things and have some stuff that's drinkable for people of different tastes:

1. California Common
2. Belgian Wit
3. English IPA

Though I might go with an American pale ale instead of #3.

Once I move into my new place in July, I'll be able to get a fridge set up for lagers (I'm thinking a Munich Helles kicked up slightly with a very small amount of grains of paradise as a fun experiment after I do one straight lager first to get a feel for the process).

I never plan past my next batch - in fact, I seldom plan that far ahead, even, except that I know my next batch will be an American Ale (Safale 05 in fridge) and it will have at least two ounces of Amarillo hops in it (my favorite - a little less than a pound in freezer). Other than that, when I walk into the LHBS I wing it.

My "not local"HBS is 135 miles away, so I have to plan ahead. These are also my 4 favorite beers so I make these often

I've only brewed one (Belgian Strong Dark Ale) so far.

For my next 3, I'm alternating my love of Belgians with a desire to try a broad spectrum of things and have some stuff that's drinkable for people of different tastes:

1. California Common
2. Belgian Wit
3. English IPA

Though I might go with an American pale ale instead of #3.

Once I move into my new place in July, I'll be able to get a fridge set up for lagers (I'm thinking a Munich Helles kicked up slightly with a very small amount of grains of paradise as a fun experiment after I do one straight lager first to get a feel for the process).

My last batch was a California Common, its aging in the keg now. I can't wait to get out of my small apartment so I can have room for a lager fridge. Hell, more room for my brewing in general. I'm going to def do a belgian wit this spring for a nice early summer brew and to just broaden the spectrum as well.

My "not local"HBS is 135 miles away, so I have to plan ahead. These are also my 4 favorite beers so I make these often

Me too. Well, I'm not literally 135miles away but as anybody else from North NJ will tell you, Corrado's is basically the LHBS and they cater to a wine crowd. Although, I've only been there once or twice and only for equipment, so maybe I'm being critical. I'd love to support the local economy, but it's too easy to order online and have the ingredients arrive at your door rather than drive in traffic to a store that's lacking in more ways than one. Maybe I should open up a LHBS in north jersey..

My next two are an Irish Red, and then Jamil's "West Coast Blaster."

I've not yet brewed an Irish Red, so this will be something different for me. I've brewed the "West Coast Blaster" before and liked it quite a bit. It's Jamil's take on Bear Republic's Red Rocket.

Next two batches are ingredient kits from Midwest

Raspberry Wheat
Sierra Nevada PA Clone

Then I'm going to design something myself... a high gravity brew with a deep red color and a lot of citrusy/floral hops. I'm not sure it fits into any BJCP categories, but it should be fun to see how it turns out.

The next ideas down the pike are a Helles and Rauchbier. Not sure yet if I'll try and create these recipes or buy a kit.

:mug:

My next one will be my first brew that's my own recipe. After that I'm not sure yet. I think it will go...

#1: Blonde Ale.
#2: American Pale Ale
#3: Either an Amber Ale or another batch of the Blonde Ale.

I have my next 10 brews planned but here are my next three.
Abbey Pale Ale
Westvleteren 12 clone
Apricot Blonde

Though it has a possibility to change:

Kolsch
Bavarian Wheat
Oktoberfest (maybe?)

I'm still extract, plan on staying that way for awhile. Don't have the time or space for more. But the beer is still good so I've got no complaints!

Usually try to brew 2x-5 gallons every two weeks to keep up with the drinking.

Irish Red
Wee Heavy
Horn O'Plenty Hefeweizen (it's a hefe with the inverted sugar left over from my wife making candied orange and lemon peels (so it's flavored sugar) in it plus a dose of Cascade hops at flameout).

money is a tad tight for me at the moment so my next i'll be doing some SMaSH's though tomorrow i'm doing a scottish export

1- scottish export
2- SMaSH (marris otter/amarillo)
3- SMaSH (bolander munich/simcoe)

AHBS Spiced American Wheat
Oktoberfest (only to be tapped this fall)
either American Brown or an American Pale ale.

i currently have a mild, stout, APA, IPA and Irish red bottled, with a double IPA and Blonde in the carboys. god i love brewing!

My next two are an Irish Red, and then Jamil's "West Coast Blaster."

I've not yet brewed an Irish Red, so this will be something different for me. I've brewed the "West Coast Blaster" before and liked it quite a bit. It's Jamil's take on Bear Republic's Red Rocket.

My roommate has been requesting I brew an Irish red for awhile now. I told him I'd take the opportunity for and guide him through it as his first brew. I've planned on doing one, but there's just so many other styles I'd rather brew first.

Cider (started yesterday)
AHBS Belgian Wit
AHBS Amber Ale

after that will be either an english pale ale or some sort of wheat with some fresh home grown blueberries.... if SWMBO has anything to say about it the blueberry Wheat will be next

• AHS Fat Tire Clone
  • Cream Stout
  • Scottish Export
I'll probably brew all three of these the weekend after next. I have a few friends that want to learn how, so maybe I'll even have some slave labor... ummm... company.

Cider (started yesterday)
AHBS Belgian Wit
AHBS Amber Ale

after that will be either an english pale ale or some sort of wheat with some fresh home grown blueberries.... if SWMBO has anything to say about it the blueberry Wheat will be next

I think I'd like to brew a blueberry wheat or maybe some sort of blueberry pale ale. Do you have a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

Citrus Weizen
Cream Ale
AHS Blue Moon Clone

Found the citrus weizen recipe here, I don't think I've ever had a cream ale, and I heard great things about AHS clone kits!

A light session (Cream Ale, Kolsch, Vienna Lager)
A Belgian (saison, pale ale)
Scotch Ale

Something like that, but my mind changes constantly so who really knows for sure?

Latest posts

Back