whats on your keychain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njale

Reaction score
What do you keep on your key chain besides keys? Bottle opener? Box cutter? Lighter? Flash light? Anything?

A D ring to clip them on my belt loop. That's it. Can't stand a bunch of stuff on my keyring. I even have two round rings so I can take sets of keys off and not carry them unnecessarily.

But I will put a floaty on for the water.

Just keys, ran to help some people after a really bad accident and unknown to me at the time but running and hauling adults and kids I found I had stabbed my cutter end of my p-38 three times in my thigh. I didn't notice one of the EMTs saw the blood on my thigh and asked if I was hurt felt really stupid at the time:eek:

A whistle. For no good reason. It has been there for 8 years. I blow it once in awhile.

Truck key with integrated remote, aftermarket remote starter fob, key for hitch lock, key for Yakima lock, and a big round metal fob (about the size of a silver dollar but twice as thick). I have no reason for the fob to be there except that on occasion it acts as a bottle opener in a pinch, so it has earned it's place.

Keys for work, home, cars and motorcycle, a bottle opener, some sort of anchor shaped fishing sinker, and a bunch of club cards

Bike keys should be on their own ring.. The only others allowed are for locks related to the bike and the house. Especially nothing to do with work. Just because.. :D

Other than keys, my dog tag. I used to have a P-38 can opener on the ring too, but it would open & stab me in the leg once in a while, so I had to remove it.

Keys, can opener, and a bar code tag for a discount at the local store, a portion of which goes to the local school band. I used to have a bottle opener, but I gave it away.

A bottle opener that looks like a key, and which has the Bell's Oberon logo all over it (gift from SWMBO) and a little medallion from the coolest college radio station ever, 91.7 WMSE, thanking me for my donation.

Other than keys, my dog tag. I used to have a P-38 can opener on the ring too, but it would open & stab me in the leg once in a while, so I had to remove it.

I keep my P-38 wrapped with a little piece of duct tape to keep that from happening. I have had the same one since 1978. My daughter bought me a new one off Amazon, along with the larger handled P-51 but it is not nearly the same quality as my orginal issue. The new P-38 and P-51 aren't as sturdy and seem to be a lighter metal.

Truck key, house key, key to my parent's house, and an AC/DC bottle opener that I got with the box set. Never be with an opener. Ever.

Subsailor said:
I keep my P-38 wrapped with a little piece of duct tape to keep that from happening. I have had the same one since 1978. My daughter bought me a new one off Amazon, along with the larger handled P-51 but it is not nearly the same quality as my orginal issue. The new P-38 and P-51 aren't as sturdy and seem to be a lighter metal.

I keep it between 2 keys and it seems to keep it closed. Original issue 1979

Good idea on the duct tape. I keep a p38, along with other small essentials, in an Altoids tin in the glovebox of my truck.
Regards, GF.

Apart from keys, my corvette key ring, a bottle opener, and my USB drive.
Keys:
Home
Parent's home
Mailbox
Brewery
" " mailbox
" " rollup
" " cold storage
office
Saturn
Volkswagen.

I have too many keys.