What you drinking for the Super Bowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDey

Reaction score
I don't have enough homebrew ready to drink-so we're going with 1/4 barrel of Two-Hearted....should go well with some italian sausage stuffed mushrooms.

I love SB Sunday-one last time to celebrate beer, friends, food, and football. Hope you guys have a good game.

Go Giants!

We will be introducing our first brew (a two-hearted clone) to the world and eating some good local BBQ.

I don't have a rooting interest in the game, so I just hope it is close at the end.

We're going to be drinking my White Chocolate Pale, which is getting very low and its sad haha, and my hybrid wit. We also have a few widmer's left from the mix pack i got.

I will be drinking the last of my Honey Blonde, and then to finish off the night a Catholic School Girl Stout

Gonna go and get some snacks in the mean time :rockin: :tank:

P.S. I am a CFL Fan. But the superbowl should be good.

I'm packing the cooler with porter and pale ale. Just enough for personal consumption.

I need to practice saying the following:

A) "It' really dark and heavy, you wouldn't like it."
B) "I screwed up this batch, it's really bitter. I'll let you try some of the next one."
C) "Sorry, this is the last one."
D) "Back off Silver Bullet boy!"

I have some mixed packs left:

SkullSplitter
Brau Strawberry Wheat
Left Hand Pale
Pranqster

And of course, some apfelwein and honey weizen.

Greg

I'm out of home brew, but I have not been drinking anyway while on the weightloss contest. I do drink on special occasions and I'm heading to a Superbowl party at 4 with my own cooler. Here's the contents.

Sierra Nevada Celebration
Sierra Nevada ESB (Early Spring Beer)
Real Ale Fireman's #4 Blonde
Konig Ludwigs Weissbier

Let see. I have Edworts Apfelwein and Czech Pilsner on tap. In the beer cabinet, I have some Kolsch, Belgian ale and some Stella in the fridge...I'm stacked for today's festivities...Whoo Hoo!!!

I also was at the gym and burned 1000 calories for all the food I'm gonna eat today..

Just water in the super (dog) bowl. The one outside has some leaves in it. I don't drink out of either.

I don't have access to cable, direct broadcast or satellite and my broadband is more of a narrow-band. So, I'll just drink my Tannen Bomb all alone.

:mug: I've got some Deshutes Buzzsaw Brown which I'm waiting for a clone recipe to appear and some Inversion IPA for the BIG GAME.:mug:

Drinking the first run of Sam Adams White Ale and brewing up a batch of IPA. Got a Red Ale cooking in a fermentor from yesterday. Man this is a good weekend :)

Did I mention SWMBO has been in New York state this whole weekend? :) I love her to death, but she's not the best person to share football and brewing with.

mike

I'll be drinking a vintage December 07 vitamin water paired with a exquisite ham and cheese sandwich on a bed of white bread as I drive around delivering food to the rest of you... Oh well, at least I'll get the game on Sirius. :mad:

We are working on our case of SN Celebration and a mish mash of our own tasty brews, we have already killed a bomber of our yummy honey brown and am moving on to something else (i think IPA) to go with our 'Pretzel 'lil Smokies'.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and the game doesn't start for over an hour...
OH, and we have a Turkey Breast smoking and Steak Tips to Follow. Anyone in the SE MA area is welcome!

lngarrett said:
I'll be drinking a vintage December 07 vitamin water paired with a exquisite ham and cheese sandwich on a bed of white bread as I drive around delivering food to the rest of you... Oh well, at least I'll get the game on Sirius. :mad:

Fear not, if you have cool customers like me and my friends, you will find yourself invited in to the house and offered a beer for sacrificing your evening to make ours better. The least we can do is return the favor. We did this for the world series one year. A buddy of mine passed out in front of the door, and the pizza guy had to step over him to get in. He still chilled for a couple, and was all around the coolest delivery guy we've met. I hope he thought the same of us :)

Here's to the delivery guys! :tank:

And in light of the delivery guys plight, I'm making a chinese stirfry of teriaki chicken in a bed of ramen with snow peas, shredded carrots, broccoli, bean sprouts, and covered in soy sauce. Good eats everyone!

mike

I've got my porter on tap and some IPA and Apfelwein in the fridge. I already started on the apfelwein...

Also snacking on pigs in a blanket, buffalo wings, stuffed clams, scallops wrapped in bacon, nachos, and homemade buffalo chicken calzones:rockin:

Well, right now it looks like I won't be drinking today during the SB.

I'm in Indiana this week. I scheduled my flights so I'd have enough time to get in my hotel and be able to do some snack/drink shopping so I could enjoy it here in the hotel room. It turns out that in Indiana, you can't purchase alcohol from stores at all on Sundays! I was devastated at the grocery store when they told me this.

I should have done a little more research before coming but I'm stuck now.

Indiana sucks. I went to a Colts preseason game quite a few years back and got screwed like that. We figured we'd just be some brew and fill up the coolers on the drive down. Didn't work out. Though we did see guys selling cases of BMC out of their trunks at a pretty nice profit.

Anyway...I've got some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Two Brothers Cane & Ebel and a few homebrewed Pale Ales in the fridge. Its just SWMBO and I. Nothing fancy. Throwing in a Tombstone and we have plenty of cheese, crackers & spinach dip. Just going to relax, knock a few back and hope for a good game.

The DFh 90 is at three weeks in the bottle tomorrow, so I suppose I'll have to sample it for tonight game.

My Kona Fire Pale Ale clone and a fresh batch of hot pretzels made with a left over Kolsch yeast cake...

Pretzel.jpg

looks good BM. swmbo made pretzel smokies and we had a bunch of other stuff. drinking too much to remember. happy superbowl sunday.

I've got a Saison and Oud Bruin on tap that I've been drinking. Right now at halftime, I poured myself a Chehalem Mountain IPA from Golden Valley Brewing. I also have some of my Imperial IPA, some Rogue Santa's Private Reserve, Hebrew Lenny's R.I.P.A. and a friends Porter so I'm pretty much set.

Here was my lineup:

Big Sky Pale Ale
Left Hand Pale Ale
Old Peculiar
Sprecher Special Amber (pint)
Apfelwein (pint)

:drunk:

Greg

Served up my American Wheat and Robust Porter tonight- got good reviews.
With my apologies to Pats fans, that was a fantastic game.

My favourite local MB just put out a czech pilsener - the first microbrewed lager in Atlantic Canada - so my roommates and I got a growler of that to go with the Jamaican meal we cooked (jerk chicken, Jamaican dumplings, Ital bok choi). After supper we had some maple wine and an Orval. Good times.

Latest posts

Back