What would you do for a crusher?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker18

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know everyone loves their own crusher, but I am going to give you some numbers and point me in the way you would go.

CRANKANDSTEIN 2A delivered for $122.95
Monster Mill delivered for $139.00
Barley Crusher delivered for $182.00

I know the Crank and Monster are guts only and need extras for use, but at those prices, what way would you lean?

You know that's a loaded question don't you? Many members here own one of those three and we all tend to be happy with what we bought. Personally I have the Monster MM-2 with the Monster hopper, and if I had it to do over again I would buy the same mill. I love it. Some will tell you to go with the three roller mills. I don't really think the average homebrewer needs the three roller set-up, but that's me. Again you'll get lots of opinions, but in the end they are all pretty good products.

I know it is a loaded question, and everyone will say that the crusher they have is what they would get. For the numbers that I got, out of the three, which way would you go, forget what you have now.

And I am going with the two roller crushers, I won't be going through enough product for the extra roller, and If needed, I will do a second pass. And extra couple of minutes per brew won't kill me.

I would go with the Monster Mill. I believe the Monster Mill and Crankandstein are comparable products and slightly more robust than the BC. As to why I choose the Monster Mill that has to do with the company history between MM and Crankandstein. It's a long soap opera story that I won't get into, but I read about it once and afterwards I had a prefernce.

***********1. Enforce rules only against their foes (i.e., anyone who does not suck up to them) while exempting their friends from similar or worse behavior.

2. Silently boot someone and then proceed to trash talk the person as if the person was still there with an opportunity to respond.

3. Boot someone and then start a thread for the sole purpose of boasting about having removed the person, so as to bask in the praise of sychophantic members applauding the moderator's bold action.

4. If a person is being stalked or trolled, scold, warn and threaten both the victim and the perpetrator to stop it. If the victim protests, boot the victim for having defied the moderator's authority. Add injury to insult by allowing the troll or stalker to stay because the stalker or troll didn't talk back to the moderator.

5. If the moderator loses an argument to another member, selectively delete the member's comments so that the thread no longer makes any sense.

6. Selectively enforce the tribe's rules only against newcomers, newbies or people who are not friend with the moderator.

7. Speak about their actions as moderator in the passive voice, use the royal we, and otherwise take on a haughty, authoritarian tone. I mean, dude, you're just a moderator. ***************

Back