What would you buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would depend entirely on what equipment I had and the direction I was taking my brewing.
Personally I'd buy a bunch of uncrushed grain. Mostly 2 row, to save on grain bills for future recipes.
What does your brewery need?
What recipes are on deck?
If you can't decide I'll send you my address. You send me the check and I'll let you know how I spent it.

How often do you brew? If you brew a lot, I would buy a sack of 2 row and a few ounces of your favorite hops.
If you don't brew often, I would save the money until your ready to brew. Fresh ingredients make better beer.

On brewing stuff? Or specifically at your LHBS?

If it's cash, easy question, since I just bought this.
688057211534_04972732.jpg

With coupon codes that are easy to find online, you could buy this on Amazon:
819QHG-ypXL._SL1500_.jpg

and barely top $150. In terms of beer quality, it was the best purchase I ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
My LHBS doesn't have much in the way of fancy equipment. They stick to the basics. So with 150 in credit to that shop, I'd stock up on hops and yeast then refrigerate / freeze as necessary. Plus maybe some salts and StarSan

If I didn't have one already, I would buy a grain mill.

After that, temp controller for a fermentation chamber.

After that, ingredients for styles I might otherwise not brew.

Wirh $150 i would get:

Stir plate. $48.99
2000 ml flask $22.99
Bottle rinser $17.99
Weldless bulkhead fitting $16.99
sight glass $29.99

Comes to $136.95 before sales tax.

A pump changed my life!! But to make it truly awesome you'll need more cash for fittings and hoses.

You can use it for mash recirc, all sorts of transfer, whirlpool, and CIP. It is great

Back