What would you buy with 3k

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riopel

Reaction score
Just came aroud 3K$

Just for fun what brewing gear would you buy, with that money,

Name your choice but juste for the record I will probably go with en electric brewing system.

Brewing system. No doubt about it. Maybe save enough to get a couple other things like fermentation freezer/temp. controller, kegging, etc if you don't have that if possible.

For brewing I'd pick up a kegging kit, keggerator, top tier brewing stand. For serving those delicious beers I'd build a modest bar and then install the keg system in it. Man, that would be nice!

That's going to cost you a hell of a lot more than $3000. Try $6-7000. The control panel alone (built, not parts) is $2100.

Back to the OP, it depends on what you have. For me, I'm waiting until I buy a house so I can put a full electric 1/2 BBL brewery in the basement. For you, it may be different.

I would buy two chest freezers to convert. Then save the rest to pay my electric bill when it goes up.

That's going to cost you a hell of a lot more than $3000. Try $6-7000. The control panel alone (built, not parts) is $2100.

If that is how you perceive it, then so be it. $3k will get you pretty much everything you will need to make this build. Also, if one wanted to cut cost in certain areas one could easily do so. If you wanted to buy this as a pre-built rig then your estimate would probably be pretty close. But where is the fun in having it done for you? You will have to be creative to get it done for $3k though. But that is what I would do with $3k in my pocket for brew toys.

If that is how you perceive it, then so be it. $3k will get you pretty much everything you will need to make this build. Also, if one wanted to cut cost in certain areas one could easily do so. If you wanted to buy this as a pre-built rig then your estimate would probably be pretty close.

1) I have no interest in learning how to wire this all up and risk blowing up something. I may know how to do a lot of things, but wiring is not one of them.

2) I also have no interest in "cost cutting". If I'm going to spend that much on a rig, it better last me forever. Stainless steel for everything and anything I can get my hands on. Only rich people can buy cheap things. ;)

1) I have no interest in learning how to wire this all up and risk blowing up something. I may know how to do a lot of things, but wiring is not one of them.

Lol...we all got to know our limitations. Electricity kills!

2) I also have no interest in "cost cutting". If I'm going to spend that much on a rig, it better last me forever. Stainless steel for everything and anything I can get my hands on. Only rich people can buy cheap things. ;)

I hear ya. I am actually piece-building that rig. I have been AG brewing on my stove-top with two 7.5 gallon kettles for too long now. So my first step was to build the BK with temporary control features. This will allow me to go from 5.5 gal stove-top brewing to 11 gal stove-top brewing and still do full boils. 7.5 gallons is all that my stove will boil with enough vigor. Then I move on to MLT/HLT/full control panel. So eventually I will have it, bling and all. :)

20# CO2 tank, perlick faucets and assorted kegerator parts, Fermentation chamber build, bulk grain and buckets to keep it in, swap out all glass carboys for something that won't explode and slice me up and the rest of the money would go towards paying off the brewing credit card.

3k can buy a nice electric system including ventilation. Barring that, I would build a very nice keezer and get a ferm chamber.

I would buy all the parts ie. wires, conecters, elec ball valves, burners to Finnish my twin tow vessel system. Then I would buy the stainless cones and fittings to Finnish my two 40g conical build. Then Grain and Hops. Oh and some yeast!

Back