What would you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanKenobi

Reaction score
Decided earlier that I could sneak a brew session in tomorrow if I get up early, but I can't figure out what I want to brew. All the brews I have planned need starters, and I wouldn't have time to build a proper one, but I do have some dry yeast on hand.

So, here's the gist of my options.

Base-Malt: Golden Promise, Pils and a small amount of 2-Row (5 or 6 lbs.)
Specialty Malts: Munich, Vienna, Carapils, Various Crystal between 10L and 80L, Chocolate, Roasted Barley, Wheat
Hops: Nugget, Chinook, Amarillo, Cascade, Simcoe, Willamette, Columbus, Saaz, EKG
Yeast: Notty, US-05

The tough part is that I'm almost out of 2-Row and have 15 gallons of IPA in the pipeline already so I'm not really all that interested in anything too hoppy.

Use the golden promise, some munich, a little of a medium crystal and some of the chocolate and roasted stuff. Once you add in some of the ekg you'll have something of porter going. Use either one of the yeasts.

Well I didn't end up brewing today, but still may tomorrow. A brown is definitely what jumps off the list, but it's not one of my favorite styles. I really wanted to do an Amber, but I'm looking to dial in my Amber recipe and I don't have the 2-row, so I feel like it might be counterproductive. Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking a porter or stout. Perhaps with some spice additions.

Back