What wort pump is everyone using?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeasst

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pump to use for wort moving during brewing. What pump is everyone using?

March and US Solar seem to be the two most popular sources. I'm in the market now as well... I'll probably get the first of those two I find on sale or used and at a good deal.

I use center inlet stainless steel chugger pumps. I have two of em. Work great. I used a poly pump head inline March 809 before. That was a great pump too.

I've got two of the steelhead pumps from Northern Brewer. I'm pretty sure they're just chugger pumps with different branding.

Regardless, I've been using them for about a year and haven't had any problems that I haven't caused (ill contained hop pellets in a big IPA will clog the pump)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I had two of the GreatBreweh pumps for a year but they started sticking on me (couldn't get them to start) so I upgraded to SS Chuggers. Been very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I had a March 809 and now have 2 SS-head chuggers. The 809 was bulletproof it seemed - the Chuggers have given me some attitude lately.

Back