what tower to buy? model#d4743dt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Im buying a 2 tap tower.I heard the chinese ones are pretty crappy.I saw one on ebay for $85 and was thinking of getting it(model #D4743DT).does anyone have any info on this tower,and if it is crap which one should I get that doesnt break the bank.

This is the tower I have on my kegerator. I bought it off of ebay also, even the same seller. I have not had a problem with it and its been on mine for just over a year now I think. Just remember your going to have to buy gas and liquid ball lock disconnects. This tap came set up for sanky

If you are going to piece meal it together you can beat acumetalfab.com. That is where I ordered my stainless 3 faucet tower and I couldn't be happier.

hey arneba,is the column and the flange 1 piece,i saw one at home depot and they just slid over each other and when you pulled on the handle the whole tower moved

In the long run the cheap taps are more of a pain.

+1 acumetalfab.com and some perlick taps & micromatic shanks. Cost you more, will last a lot longer without sticking taps all the time.

What makes the acumetalfab tower better.isnt the tower just an empty housing and the faucet is what makes the difference.

I actually bought this exact faucet on ebay from the same guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Faucet-C...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518e3cfc3e

Its the same dual tower D4743DT you were looking at. I absolutely love it and think it is a really quality design. Its all SS with no plastic, im very happy and would definitely recommend it to you. One side note, it does not come with forward sealing faucets so that may be an upgrade you want to get in the future but normal faucets work just fine. Just make sure to drink everyday :)

And as mentioned above you do have to buy the ball/pin lock connections but those a fairly cheap and can normally be purchased when you buy cornys off CL or something like that. I always ask if they have any they want to get rid of and it always seems that they just want to throw them in with the buy.

Just ordered this one with the Perlicks from Kegconnection.com yesterday: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=102

Woah I just checked that link out, to upgrade to perlicks (assuming forward seal perlicks) and corny connections (dont know what type) its only $35 bucks, holy crap thats cheap. If you are looking to upgrade dude, this is a killer price!

Edit: They are 525ss perlicks so thats $60 worth or perlicks and $25 worth of quick disconnects. amazing....

Back