what to do with 'gunk' at bottom of fermentation bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyke

Reaction score
so i bottled today, and all of the leftover hops, yeast, etc are just chilling in the bottom of my bucket. what should i do with all that ****? throw it in the garbage? pretty legit 3 inch layer of things. i assume it's just garbage, but i am new so i don't know if it can be re-used for any sort of purpose.

so i bottled today, and all of the leftover hops, yeast, etc are just chilling in the bottom of my bucket. what should i do with all that ****? throw it in the garbage? pretty legit 3 inch layer of things. i assume it's just garbage, but i am new so i don't know if it can be re-used for any sort of purpose.

Do a quick search for "yeast washing" and you'll learn how easy it is to collect your "used" yeast to make another batch of beer....or maybe 4 more because there is way too much yeast there for just one batch.

I gotta learn to type faster. See! ^^^

It's FANTASTIC drizzled over ice-cream. Try it, you won't be sorry.

Yeast Washing

Plenty of great info on yeast washing here. If you're interested in brewing future batches with the same yeast and saving some money at the same time, you should look into it.

Back