What to do after cider sits 4 months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettCo124

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious on what to do after I let my cider sit for 4 months. What I’m planning on doing is adding some graham cracker flavoring to it (no clue if this will taste good, but just thought I’d try in about 6 bottles). Any thoughts on this flavor?

Also, I want to give out a 6 pack to my friend for the holidays, but I’m just scared that, because I let it sit for so long, it went bad and will get her sick. Isn’t it the exact opposite that happens? Shouldn’t it taste even better?

I used apple juice and cider yeast in a one gallon glass fermenter. I took the airlock out about a month ago and replaced it with a wine cork that sealed it air-tight. My plan was to bottle them up but I completely forgot. Other than that, it’s been sitting in a basement for 4 months.

Lastly, I’m curious on this: if I wanted to carbonate these after all of this time, what would I do to accomplish this?

Thanks all.

BrettCo

Back