what to brew this coming year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbGator

Reaction score
So yesterday I created an excel sheet for the next year of every brew date that I will do next year. I have certain beers that I always do, and I'm working on perfecting one for a few competitions. I need some ideas of what to fill in the dates that I have not filled yet. I like to brew to the season so please suggest beer accordingly. I have keggles and am planning on making the switch to AG but right now I do PM in full body. My 25th birthday is on March 30th so I have planned to do a Lager for that occasion. I have the control for the lager and have allocated that fermenter to be used for 2 months. Please help me make a good selection for this brew. So let em rip! Here are the dates that I have open for next year:

01/22
01/29 - This is when I have to start the birthday brew
02/06
03/26
04/23
05/28
06/04
06/11
07/09
08/27
10/08
10/29
12/10

Brew some Belgians in the spring/summer months. Tripels, Quads, etc.

I like to do a Pumpkin Ale for Halloween too.

I have done the same, but mine's my work computer and all filled in... I'll have to check into it. Off the top of my head, I brew two at a time, and I keep four on tap. I think that as of now I'm shooting to keep on tap an IPA, an Apfelwein, something solidly seasonal, and then whatever randomness I come up with.

What's seasonal to me?
Winter: RIS, Barley Wine, Stout
Spring: IIPA, something Brown
Summer: Wheat, Wheat, Wheat, Belgian Strong Golden
Fall: Oktoberfest, Dubbel

That list doesn't look complete to me, but it's a starting point. The key is figuring how long you want to age each seasonal and plan to that. Maybe 6 months for RIS, 9 for Barley Wine, 3 for the Belgians, etc. So if you want to tap your Barley Wine for Xmas, you better make it in March.

Back