What to Brew Memorial Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to brew Memorial Weekend

• C.A.P. Classic American pilsner

• German Pilsner

• Czech Pilsner

• Octoberfest

• Ralph Nader Would brew them all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
I have not brewed at home since March since i am always heading an hour and half away from home on to my friends 7bbl commercial brewery and helping out.

I have a new temp controller finally (well, bought it 2 months ago) and am itching to use it for a lager type beer.

I am thinking one of the following:

C.A.P. classic american pilsner

German Pilsner

Czech Pilsner

Octoberfest (so its ready in time for sisters wedding in august)

Got to go with an Oktoberfest here. Followed shortly by a Czech Pilsner - another great warm weather beer.

Octoberfest (so its ready in time for sisters wedding in august)
Blasphemy ageing an Octoberfest less than 5 months!

Too late in the season for an Octoberfest go with a nice summer pilsner (I'm doing an American Pilsner)

Crud...Can't vote.
I'm headed for a batch of Kolsch....and maybe a cream ale....and finish bottling my Steam. When all of that is done....I've a MESS of racking that needs done.
:mug:

It's close to summertime, do the CAP. It's one of my favorite styles, it's too bad nobody makes them :(

I don't understand why the big 3 (BMC) don't make a CAP. It would be the one style they could do well:mug:

Blasphemy ageing an Octoberfest less than 5 months!...
Agreed!;) Did mine the end of March for my September wedding.

I voted for a German Pils. Brewing a Dortmunder Export Lager myself on Saturday so it will be ready for the hot weather in August.

Back