What the hell happened?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edie

Reaction score
Kegged the blonde yesterday, checked for leaks, pulled a taste, all was well. Checked this morning and keg is empty and the bottom of the keezer is full of beer. What the hell happened?

Umm, You had a leak.:D

No, seriously sounds like you had a hose blow out. Is your co2 empty too?

Party tap? Maybe you let it fall down and slightly press itself open. If not, then I'd say fill it up with water and pressurize it and start looking for leaks.

I'm guessing that pulling the sample set something in motion? Everything looked fine when I checked for leaks after hooking everything up. PISSER!! was really looking forward to this brew. Our first real brewing disaster.

I have picnic taps and use threaded disconnects. I've gone for a year with no problems just hand tightening the connectors. Several weeks ago the tap on a just tapped keg fell from its rest on top of the keg to the floor of the keezer. This induced enough twist to loosen the fitting at the disconnect. The end result was 5 gallons of a Bass Ale clone in the bottom of the keezer.

I have picnic taps and use threaded disconnects. I've gone for a year with no problems just hand tightening the connectors. Several weeks ago the tap on a just tapped keg fell from its rest on top of the keg to the floor of the keezer. This induced enough twist to loosen the fitting at the disconnect. The end result was 5 gallons of a Bass Ale clone in the bottom of the keezer.

Dayummmm, that's alcohol abuse.

i'm siphoning back into the keg and starting over

No offense man, but that's nasty. I'd chalk it up as a loss and brew something else...

oh for G's sake I'm not an idiot. lighten up, breaks my heart but "Imperial Blonde" is no more.

turrible.jpg

:D

HA - she's in keg and we'll just see how it turns out in a couple weeks! turns out i am an idiot. what's the worst that could happen.

no really, what's the worst that could happen?

Back