What the F is this thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bioguy

Reaction score
I'm cleaning up my basement, and I came across this thing:

clamp%20thing.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

If not, please make something up.

Its the new night stick used by the more kinder gentler police state.

OK OK, no one is going to believe the police are going to be kinder and gentler. :cross:

i first thought a strut but then in a larger image it looks like a metal ball bat hanging out the end. so maybe a kinder gentler way to beat someone down with a bat

Actually, it's a tool used in the art of compromising with the swmbo.

See, when swmbo doesn't agree on the new brewing equipment that is a major requirement, this tool is employed. I'm sure there is a hand book on how to use it somewhere on the internet.

b-boy: Yes it's my basement; but I drink, so...

Some good answers. Thanks for the laughs.

My wife figured out what it is. Anybody else want to guess or should I reveal the answer?

Kinda looks like the skewer that came with my thule bike rack. It locks onto the fork of your bike on the roof rack. I attached a picture of what I'm talking about

I'm probably wrong, but I have to know what it is now!!

download.jpg

Kinda looks like the skewer that came with my thule bike rack. It locks onto the fork of your bike on the roof rack. I attached a picture of what I'm talking about

I'm probably wrong, but I have to know what it is now!!

Ya it looks almost exactly nothing like that :mug:

Looks like something you use to drive nails into concrete to set studs for framing. Nail goes in the bottom, a small charge goes in the top (should be a little opening to put it in, you twist the handle to cover it), smack it with a hammer and it concludes with a small explosion driving the nail in the concrete.

powder.jpg

Back