What style category would you put this beer in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmurph

Reaction score
I recently brewed a dry-hopped gose that I'd like to put into a competition but I'm not sure what category it would fit into. Definitely not "gose" itself, since the style guidelines read "NO HOP FLAVOR," and I'd like to maybe win, or at the very least avoid scathing comments on the judge's sheet.

28B "Mixed-Fermentation Sour Beer" is close, but that one's defined as "a sour version of a base style of beer," and mine is really a twist on an already sour style.

I could call it 34C "Experimental Beer," although that one requires all the vital stats of the beer and I didn't actually take OG/FG. Suppose I could just use values from a brewing calculator.

Just curious if anyone has entered similar brews in competition, or any thoughts as to what might maximize the beer's chances.

Well my understanding would be experimental beer would be the best, disclaimer I haven't brewed for a competition.

Also no OG or FG and you do you know ABV? I find it troublesome to even back calculate off of potentials

Latest posts

Back