What should I brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunken Monk

Reaction score
I just did my first all grain brew yesterday (EdWorts Haus Ale). When my primary carboy is empty in a week I would like to brew another AG batch. Here's what I have on hand for grains and hops:

2-row 11.5 lbs
Vienna 3 lbs
Crystal 10 .5 lb
Crystal 20 1 lb
Crystal 40 1 lb
Crystal 60 1 lb
Crystal 80 1 lb
Victory 1 lb
Aromatic 1 lb
Golden Naked Oats 1 lb

Cascade (5.4 AA) 13 oz
Willmette (4.8 AA) 16 oz

Yeast:
Safale S-04
Saflager S-23

Any ideas? I'd like to get two beers out of the 2-row. One of which could be pretty light. I like maltier beers over extra hoppy ones. Brown ales are good but nothing too thick. Also if anyone knows of any good recipe generator software that is free, I'm interested.

Thanks. You guys:rockin:

use the beersmith trial. you should also consider purchasing, it's well worth the $$.

Based on what you've written about your preferences, looks to me like you're going to be making an amber lager with the vienna, some of the pale, a bit of crystal, and your choice of the hops (mine would be the willamette). You'd get a nice ale out of the remaining 2 row, victory malt, and some of that darker crystal.

But then again, who am I to say? :)

Thanks for the reply. An amber lager sounds great. I might have to wait for the Haus Ale to make its way through the keggerator before I can lager...
I only have a mac and I don't think beersmith will run on that:mad: I might try Beer Alchemy.

Latest posts

Back