What should I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darth5aint

Reaction score
So far Ive brewed an Irish Red kit, a kiwi wheat ale, and a blond. My fermentor will be freed up at the end of february. At which point ill have two months to get from boil to bottle before i move. Dont want to move fermenter and risk oxidation. So should i go for two brews in two months or one. And what should i brew next. Im also thinking i only have two more months to ferment in low 60s before ambient temp pushes ferment temps up a bit without swamp cooler. So HBT community, what should I brew?

I'd take advantage of the temps and maybe do a kolsch. I like the american wheat suggestion as well. I just cracked the first one out a recent batch and good lord it's delicious.

The blond used the american wheat( it fits abv ibu and color so i thonk its still a blond) yeast off the kiwi so a simple american wheat would be cheaper, but the kolsch sounds nice. Can i use wyeast 1010 american wheat on kolsch or should i get a kolsch yeast. Also i was under the impression u fermented kolsch at ale temp, then lagered

If you are aiming for a kolsch, I'd stick to kolsch yeast. You are right about the ale temps and lagering period, but if you can keep the ferm temp in the low 60s, it'll come out really clean and lager-like.

Latest posts

Back