What sets you apart as an exceptional home brewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything, because I am willing to make mistakes and drink them.

I am willing to attempt the un-conventional. And when someone tells me it shouldn't be done that way I'll do it because I am the exception.

I have no fear of infected beer but that does not mean that I intend for it to occur either.

What makes me an exceptional brewer?

Shouting. The uniform is nice, but I'm mostly in it for the shouting. Yeast need the odd "Resistance is useless!" in order to perform their tasks assiduously. And they like poetry. Here's an example:

Groop, I implore thee, my footing turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly binglewurgles,
For otherwise, I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!

Prostetnic Vogon Bob

What makes me an exceptional home brewer .....

The fact that no matter how many times I leave this out, add something that wasnt in the recipe , burn myself and my wort and just plain screw up I always am looking forward to the next brew day. And my beer has always come out good and some come out great.So far that is

I'd have to say that since my local brew pub owner has twice tasted brews of mine and stated "I'd like to make that and put it on here, what's in it?" just might set me apart a tiny little bit. Both times I was simply speechless, and I'm rarely that.

What makes me exceptional? My disregard for "style" or strictly adhering to the recipe.

Why even that experimental pumpkin seed ale that I made last october, (the one that tasted like crap) tastes great now! and should right nice on a blustery eve this fall!!

I AM A GENIUS!!!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Few! Also because even my "mistakes" taste better than anything you can get at the grocery store.(maybe not the liquor store, but it has a lot of that stuff beat too!)

MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS ADORE ME!!! WORSHIP ME YOU NON_ BREWING PEDESTRIANS!! WORSHIP ME FOR THE CRAFTY HOMEBREWER THAT I AM!!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

*what? oh! yes I am only 90% serious*

I am an exceptional homebrewer because I can beat you all up. TAKE THAT

You might have some trouble with a few of us...You've seen the picture of EvilTOJ getting pissed at a wine bottle right?

I am exceptional due to my enthusiasm, my ability to think of brewing no matter what else I am doing, and the fact that I am the BIG KAHUNA....I need not say More.

I wish I was an exceptional homebrewer. I like my beer, but don't know too many people to share it with therefore I don't get the criticism I need. Brewtopia is across the water, and we don't meet up that often. He is probably my best resource for fair evaluation. I plan on entering some competitions this summer to get honest feedback. Right now, I got a good buzz going on from a local brew. I hope I can make shiX this good someday.

I'm an exceptional home brewer because I can cause the force of gravity to yield its power, even breaking the ability of an auto-siphon to function. Fill a hose with liquid, it can flow up hill.

If I could harness this power all would bow before me, I would be a king both wonderful and terrible . . . all powerful. . . I would rule the world!

Sorry. Got carried away on that last part. Watched the extended versions of all three of the Lord of the Ring movies over the past two days. Whew. I'm past it now.

:)

Rick

What makes me an exceptional brewer?

Shouting. The uniform is nice, but I'm mostly in it for the shouting. Yeast need the odd "Resistance is useless!" in order to perform their tasks assiduously. And they like poetry. Here's an example:

Prostetnic Vogon Bob

You're an odd little man, aren't you Bob? :drunk:

Wow. Never expected a reference to the guide!

For me it's my lack of knowlege, my total unpreparedness, and my unwavering commitment to forgeting things, namely to add crucial ingredients.:)

I'm certainly not exceptional when it comes to brewing, but I think what sets me apart is my patience. I'll brew a recipe 10 times and change one thing each time in order to get it 'right'.

I am an exceptional home brew drinker! My brewing skills are still under development, however.

I think the single most important thing that has helped my beers improve is the barage of punk rock and death metal. I have found that the yeasts need high speed aggressive music to kick up their metabolism and keep them energized. :rockin:

It's either the music or using appropriate sized starters...

Patience, humility, and research. Lots and lots of research. I absorb information like a sponge and I'm always looking for more.

That and a well endowed brewing assistant that I was wise enough to marry 7 years ago.

Back