What screw for chugger pump in box? Help quickly?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc5md

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what the screw size I need to do the pump in a box with chugger pump inside and pump head outside the toolbox? Near lowes right now and not near my pump!
Thanks!!

you should be able to use the screws originally? they're not too short.

I've never used the pump inside a box, but don't you need some sort of (thin) gasket to seal the inside to the box as well? Or are you gonna use liquid gasket maker?

Are you just taking the 1 inch head outside the box?

Just measured mine on a March 809HS.

Screws that mount the 1 inch head are 5/32" 32 and 1" long. They look a little short on mine, only go in the housing about 1/8 inch, with another 1/8 inch spare. Your Chugger screws may be different.

Are you just taking the 1 inch head outside the box?

Just measured mine on a March 809HS.

Screws that mount the 1 inch head are 5/32" 32 and 1" long. They look a little short on mine, only go in the housing about 1/8 inch, with another 1/8 inch spare. Your Chugger screws may be different.

Actually ours are 8-32x1" ;) so if you wanted to put it in a box and needed longer screws then go with 8-32 x 1-1/4" should be more then long enough

Latest posts

Back