What psi for kegged Apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-SSV

Reaction score
I have my first batch of Apfelwein conditioning in the keg and I'm curious as to what psi everyone is setting for dispensing Apfelwein from a keg?

Since many like this stuff still as well as carbonated, I figured that the level of carbonation might be preferred somewhere in-between still and a regular beer? Your thoughts?

+1 for that...I carbed at about 30psi, and then serve it out of the keg right around 6-8psi for a nice fizzy beverage.

Hey beerthirty...do you have a recipe for that "tangerine dream", that sounds really good!!

My rig is set up at around 8psi. With 3 varieties on tap at any time, 8psi seems to work quite well. I've had Apfelwein on at that pressure and it only imparts a slight carbonation over the time it's in the kegerator. However, it tends not to stay long, the keg kicks fairly quick.

BUMP- Do you guys carb it at 20 psi for 2-3 days before serving at 6-8? I just bought a corny and co2 tank, so I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to carb.

Back