What next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakeshiftBrew

Reaction score
I guess you could say I'm a beginner, I've only brewed 4 times, but I'm really fluent in the process and science of brewing. I designed an English Brown Ale that I've brewed and tweaked three times, an American IPA, and I've designed (but not yet brewed) an ESB and Sweet Stout recipe. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a style to design that is like an essential beer everyone should brew for experience. I feel like a mischievous scientist conjuring delicious experiments when I'm designing recipes, I love it :D, I just don't know which style to attempt next. Thanks!

How about a Belgian dubbel or tripel?
Is the brewing process of either of those different in some way? They have a really unique flavor, mostly from the yeast they use, and they seem to be quite carbonated. But as far as the mashing/boiling/fermenting, are there any specific differences? Thanks.

Do the ESB. I love them.
I've surprisingly not even had one :eek:, so the recipe is based purely on research, but I think it will be delicious.

Back