What makes one tower better then another?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nystevecf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from insulation and finish is there any reason to buy one type over another? I got two Perlick taps and initally was going to put a collar around my freezer and mount them that way but I am also a stainless whore and think I would rather have a tower now. :) Just looking for the pros and cons and if anyone had a bad experience with any particular brand. Thanks in advance guys!

An ABS tower is a better insulator than metal. Its also available in black and chrome. If you are talking about perlicks forward sealing faucets you will be happy with this set up.:mug:

An ABS tower is a better insulator than metal. Its also available in black and chrome. If you are talking about perlicks forward sealing faucets you will be happy with this set up.:mug:

+1 on the ABS!

I have the ABS black tower on my converted Oster, and it rocks!

I use the computer fan cooling trick, and my first pour is cold, and I don't have any condensation on the tower.

Plus the black tower looks cool with the black top of the Oster.

$110 seem like an average price for a dual black one? I would get the chrome but im not sur ehow it would hold up.

Latest posts

Back