What Kind of RO system do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simphoto02

WoodyBlue
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting a Reverse Osmosis system and I am interested in what others are using.

Thanks in advance.

Pics would be great, Manufacturer and model numbers and price range are all helpful info.

Also how often you have to change the filters. Is it for brewing ONLY? .....

GE Merlin

I use it for all drinking water, cooking, ice cubes, washing fruits/veggies. It puts out a lot of water, something like 700 gallons per day if you need it. Change pre & post filters twice a year and RO membranes every 3-4 years. So filter costs are $100 or so every year if you count the membrane spread over the 3 year period.

This is the third RO system I've owned and it's the only one I would buy again unless something better came along. I start filling my HLT keggle first thing when brewing and by the time I get most of my other stuff set up the keggle is usually filled and getting warm.

I didn't buy it from the link I posted, but that seems to be less than I paid. Bought mine 5 years ago so can't remember exactly what I paid. BTW - 5 years and still as good as day 1.

Latest posts

Back