What kind of blow off do you use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
Just curious what type of blow off method everyone uses? I am thinking of trying the large clear tubing directly attachted to the carboy opening but was wondering if a rubber stopper with hose would be a better fit. What have you guys had the best luck with?

I don't normally endorse "bigger is better", but with blowoff tubes, it's true. My tube fits the hole in the bucket lid, about one inch in diameter.

david_42 said:
I don't normally endorse "bigger is better", but with blowoff tubes, it's true. My tube fits the hole in the bucket lid, about one inch in diameter.
Ditto that. Just a big 1" OD tube jammed in the mouth of the carboy.

i have a broken plastic racking cane piece, that i put an old syphon tube onto. the broken cane fits into the drilled stopper, i put the other end in a 22oz bottle with some sanitizing solution in it.

The Blow Off I normally use is "I'll call you tomorrow..."

sorry, couldn't resist. The one I have used is the trusty 1" stuck into the carboy. I have only needed to use it once, as my 3 piece is normally OK. My stout got rowdy for a day or so, though and needed the snorkel

Truble said:
The Blow Off I normally use is "I'll call you tomorrow..."

if you only have a 1" diameter tube for the hole, she might respond, "Don't bother..."

badda-bing! thanks folks! I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

-walker

Walker said:
if you only have a 1" diameter tube for the hole, she might respond, "Don't bother..."

badda-bing! thanks folks! I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

-walker
Walker - nice baby blue Tuxedo there too! :D

Latest posts

Back