What is your next brew to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the middle of ordering some upgraded equipment and the ingredients to make this recipe. My first attempt at my own recipe.

31af8cd9-b4a3-4fa9-826b-6c66b6a6908e.png

Breakfast stout sounds like a great brew. Why did you take such a long break from brewing?

Planning to brew my first Kolsch on Saturday. My basement is getting pretty cool, so will hopefully have success "lagering" at ambient temps. Good luck with your return to brewing, GeorgiaTiger!

On deck for this weekend is a Pre-Prohibition Pilsner 4:1::6-row:grits, doing a cereal mash for fun, all Cluster hops, 34/70 yeast, and hopefully my water test kit and additives will be in so I can work on that a little, too.

Going to do an English style Barley Wine hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Still researching recipes and such but pretty excited to tackle this one.

I have ingredients for four beers: American wheat beer, 999 barleywine, IPA, and bourbon oak aged imperial stout

Left Hand Milk Stout clone, with cacao nibs in the fermenter. So it will be more like a Chocolate Milk Stout. Probably Wednesday after New Years!

John

I have a Bock to do this Saturday, 12/31. My traditional last brew of the year (well duh, it is 12/31), and the 23rd for this year. 87th batch overall. At this rate, I should hit #100 sometime next Fall. I have to start thinking about what 'Big Beer' I want to do for that.

Toasted coconut coffee vanilla stout on new years eve. Haven't brewed since April because of a basement remodel. A week later I'm doing a berliner with peaches.

Barrel aged imperial stout, and hopefully a dopplebock with the second runnings as strike water in a second mash.

Zombie dirt from NB. Kit came free with Catilyst fermenter my wife got me for Christmas.

Doing a Brody Brown Ale II right now, English version of the American Brown I made for the birth of my son. It's a balmy 22F right now so I had to come in and warm the toes while I have down time.

Planning Niko #6 Bluemoon clone tomorrow to keep the wife happy.

Red Seal Ale clone, gonna start setting up the stand shortly here.

Just had this for the first time yesterday! Really good so I would love to do a clone in 2017.

Last beer I will brew in 2016 will be a Czech pilsner, hopefully this NYE.

Just had this for the first time yesterday! Really good so I would love to do a clone in 2017.

Last beer I will brew in 2016 will be a Czech pilsner, hopefully this NYE.

Yes sir, Red Seal is really good, might even be my favorite. Made right here in my home town!!

I plan to brew a Munich Dunkel this Friday. I'm considering splitting the batch and using a Belgian yeast on the second half.

First, an AG Single (Chinook) Hop IPA from "Make Some Beer" (Brooklyn Brew Shop). Then an RIS, and while that's aging, a witbier... and... and... and...

I have a stout to keg in 6 or 7 days and then I will brew my favorite beer....Three Gobblers Copper Ale. I use 9 lbs. of pale malt, 1 lb. of aromatic and 2 to three ounces of roasted. I guess it's sort of an Irish ale but I don't pay alot of attention to style or o.g. I just make what I think is delicious and this is.

Another Lager. Looking to do a Bo Pils this time. Should probably schedule it fairly soon so it can ferment along with the other lager and then they can lager together later as well.

Got some new Mangrove Jack yeast I want to try with it.

After my brew today my next one will be an American style ESB. My LHBS recommended some Thomas Fawcett Crystal 85, and it was by far the best tasting crystal malt I've ever tasted so I had to brew something with it.

Caribou Slobber this Saturday. Husband wanted a brown ale for the next one, so I hied meself all over hellandgone to find a six-pack of Moose Drool for him to try. Had to go to 5 different stores to find some, and got Lake Sawyer Grocery's last six-pack. Lady there says it flies off the shelf. I *may* mess with the recipe a bit to make it a bit more malt-forward and add more hops as well. Will be the first time using my "improved" mash tun with a false bottom, also the refractometer that Santa Amazon got me for Christmas.

I've had a bag of Saaz hops in the fridge for a while, so probably a Czech lager.

A small extract brew of a Mexican lager. I wanna see how cry havoc yeast and sterling hops do with the "style" before going into a full batch. Got inspired by the newest BYO. might add some lime juice and sea salt for funzies.

Probably either tomorrow or Sunday. So either my last or first brew of the year.

Next up is a Coffee IPA. Not sure to add beans to the secondary, Cold brew or a hot coffee toddy

Red Seal and Red Hook ESB clones along with a Marris Otter Willamette SMASH are fermenting.

I think I want to try to make some Porter next, or some fruity wheat beer for SWMBO. Oh heck with it I will do both, seemed like it wasn't much more work to do two batches in a day.

I just need a few more kegs, that's all......:D:D

:mug::mug::mug:

Just did this yesterday, but without the Carapils or Carastan. It's different enough that I renamed it Cloudchaser after the new lift at Mt. Bachelor (where the Red Chair lift is, namesake of the original).

I'm planning to put the newest version of my SR-71 Cascadian Dark Ale on the yeast cake when this one is done.

Latest posts

Back