What is your favorite House Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keesh said:
So primal...

I wouldn't recommend it but you gotta do what you gotta do. Since you're just doing a steep you aren't worried about efficiency so the crush size isn't too much of an issue, as long as you separate the husk from the goodness inside you'll probably be okay. If I was going to use a meat tenderizer, I'd put the grain underneath a round cake pan on a sheet pan and hit the cake pan with the tenderizer to help distribute the force so you don't end up with some over crushed/flattened grain and some untouched grain.

I haven't really gotten a house beer yet, especially since I don't have a kegging system yet, but the Kolsch I have in primary might end up as the house beer.

Would a mini food processor/chopper be a better option? I have one that has a chop and a grind setting?

Thanks again for all the help

I keep an amber around that I find really appealing. It's got a nice hop presence with a touch of malt peeking through, almost too drinkable really, and most people seem to like it.

Would a mini food processor/chopper be a better option? I have one that has a chop and a grind setting?

Thanks again for all the help

Maybe.. try posting in the All Grain section. Honestly I'd say probably not. Where are you getting these grains that aren't able or willing to mill them for you? That is truly odd.

Back