What is your favorite commerical beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I'm at a liquor store or grocery store without a good selection I end up leaving with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Never a poor choice.

Can't believe there's no Founders love in here so far??? I'm an IPA fan so their Centennial and Every Day IPA's are favs! Plus the Every Day IPA has a Grand Wagoneer on the label which kicks some serious a$$!

Sticking with Michigan breweries, Bells is arguably my favorite. Oberon has been my summer beer of choice since the days when it was Solsun! And I don't think it gets much better than Two Hearted for an IPA. And if you're looking for a seriously delicious DIPA, does it get any better than HopSlam???

Last but certainly not least, I do love me some Ranger from NBB when I can get my hands on some here in Ohio...

Like everyone else said, its hard to nail down just one, since my mood always changes. Almost no matter what Surly Furious, or Surly Bender are a good go to beer for me. Lately though I've been drinking a lot of Tallgrass 8-Bit.

So many, some of my favorites are Hop in the Dark, and MacPelicans scottish style ale, Hop Stoopid, etc.,

image-2434375798.jpg

image-2411711146.jpg

Like everyone else said, its hard to nail down just one, since my mood always changes. Almost no matter what Surly Furious, or Surly Bender are a good go to beer for me. Lately though I've been drinking a lot of Tallgrass 8-Bit.

I agree tremendously with Furious, but living in South Dakota makes it difficult. My folks live in Prior Lake so whenever I come home for a visit, I usually head back to SD with $100 in Furious!

I haven't tried 8-Bit yet, we only get a couple tall grass brews here, and now the only place that carries it has decided they don't ell enough of it and won't be anymore :( but I'm heading home for father's day and will have to grab some. That and summit's saga...I've heard nothing but great things!

If I have to pick just one:

3Floyds Zombie Dust - it's so good. :cross:

If I can pick more - DFH 60 and 90 min; Bell's Hopslam and Oberon; Founders KBS and Blushing Monk; Dark Horse - Thirsty Trout Porter

I think Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale is just about perfect... great flavor, not too heavy, easy to drink... I have pretty varied tastes from Pils and Helles to barley wine, so it is hard to choose

Sweetwater 420 is probably my favorite beer right now...and Sweetwater being my favorite brewer right now too. A number of their beers are really good.

Also love Bells Hop Slam when I can find it.

Been getting into ipas. Flying Dog Raging *****. It is a lot better at room temp than chilled

My current favorite has been Northcoast's Old Stock Ale. I keep buying it to cellar it, but then I drink them. I'll keep trying until I succeed.

If I'm in the mood for something thick then Abyss or Ten Fidy. Favorite Belgians would be Maudite, Moinette Blond, and Duvel. Germans would include Aventinus and Celebrator. Local favorites are Cold Smoke from Kettle House and Blackfoot IPA.

Wasn't the thread "favorite commercial beer"? I was thinking more along the lines of Fat Tire, Blue Moon, Moose Drool, or Deschutes Black Butte porter.
But must admit "the one in front of me" is way up there:D

My favs are crooked tree ipa from dark horse, 21st amend special edition brewed with dates(unsure of name), or little sumpin sumpin but if planning on gettin scat faced ie. Camping,holidays,deercamp it has to be busch light baby!!!!

If I'm in the mood for something thick then Abyss or Ten Fidy. Favorite Belgians would be Maudite, Moinette Blond, and Duvel. Germans would include Aventinus and Celebrator. Local favorites are Cold Smoke from Kettle House and Blackfoot IPA.

+1 for Cold Smoke

My #1 go-to will always be a Yuengling.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for Baltika's No. 9. It was the first beer I had on my way home from Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Back