What Is This?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregger

Reaction score
I saw this on craigslist while looking for any of my hobby related items. A fella was selling this along with a few other things from an abandoned storage unit and in the post he said he had no idea what this aluminum thing was. I'm not interested in it, but he's selling it for $15 bucks. Any idea?

What.jpg

I don't know but it sure looks like it is worth a ton more than $15. I would buy it and try to research it, but that is just me.

Aw man that's the wheelie thing from the hot dog machine at the quickie mart......or an anal probe. I haven't decided.

It's the first ever perpetual motion machine. Buy it!

(But you could be breaking the law... the first law of thermodynamics, that is.)

That a standard Dr. Evil Doomsday Device Mark IV. Quite popular in the 90's. Never seen one on Earth before though. Could fetch a pretty gromlar in the Dark Zone.

Aw man that's the wheelie thing from the hot dog machine at the quickie mart......or an anal probe. I haven't decided.

Can't it be both? Love the avatar by the way.

not sure. but it looks like it spins, or rotates in some manner. if that helps

Buddy at work says it can possibly be a smaller piece to a bigger machine. After looking at it harder the axle that pokes out on the left and right can probably hook up to a motor, and the whole thing spins.

Maybe you can place vials or test tubes in it and watch it spin somehow. Some type of centrifuge machine. But what the hell are all the belts for? That's what makes it complicated.

Could be a prototype for the new Electric Gillette Mach 6 Serrated Rotating Shaver?

I have no idea what it is, but i'd be happy to lose a finger finding out. Coolness factor of 10.

We need more pics from different angles, go buy it!

_

hahahaha, just paid bills, so no trash cash available. But I'm going to post a few cornies on craigslist I don't need for a little extra cash, hopefully it'll still be available tomorrow. The coolness factor is definitely high with this one.

Yup. And you might lose a finger trying to figure it out. :D

It's worth at least $15 and a finger. I think they have one on those on the International Space Station... The Russians are still trying to figure out what it does.

hahahaha, just paid bills, so no trash cash available. But I'm going to post a few cornies on craigslist I don't need for a little extra cash, hopefully it'll still be available tomorrow. The coolness factor is definitely high with this one.

Why can't people in Denver sell Cornies on craigslist :mad:

Why can't people in Denver sell Cornies on craigslist :mad:

In Denver they call them "Holy Chalices that hold the ice cold Rocky Mountain blood of the Heavens". Search that I think you might find something.

No doubt. CA seems like the holy land for kegs.

The one's I have in my possession I bought around the time I was planning a keezer build. Never did it and probably won't anytime soon so I'll let them go. BTW I bought them off a former homebrewer for $10 each.

Just too many homebrewers around here. The big homebrew club around here puts on the great taste of the midwest every year. And there are a bunch more smaller clubs outside of that. Lots of demand and not enough supply. The only thing you find on craigslist around here are newbie's selling mostly basic brew kits, or guys that want to sell their good equipment at full retail price.

i'd pay that just to rip the damn thing apart and play with my new "toys"!

bottle corker?

I just stared at that damned picture for probably 15 minutes.

Obviously, it holds something (vials?), and spins them independently while the whole thing spins. What purpose does it serve? Maybe for mixing...something? I don't know.

What's really confusing the heck out of me is why the one side of...um...holders? is all serrated and jagged. I just can't figure out a purpose for that.

Dude, donate some plasma or something and buy the thing. We must know more!

EDIT: Heck, I'll PayPal you $15 to buy the thing, just to figure it out and post a video or something. If, of course, it's still available. Didn't notice this was almost a week ago...

EDIT: Heck, I'll PayPal you $15 to buy the thing, just to figure it out and post a video or something. If, of course, it's still available. Didn't notice this was almost a week ago...

I didn't get a chance to contact the guy, but I'll buy it if it's still available. It would make a really cool paper weight. I can't even tell how big it is, although it does look like a centrifuge of some kind. Don't worry I have the cash now. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Back