What is this ? Foam that adheres to the glass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaulnes2

Reaction score
It's the first time I encounter such a phenomenon. My beer is good but many foam-like particles sticks to the glass and the empty bottle too.
What is this? Why does it occurs?

Pictures would help, but I'm thinking that it's normal. It means you have a clean glass, which is what you want. If you didn't have the foam on the sides, your glass is either dirty, has some residual oils on it, or you use some kind of anti-spotting agent in your dishwasher.

If it's something like this, then it is a sign you got your head right and the glass is properly cleaned.

Belgian-lace-rings-rotated.jpg

Thank you everybody. I will post a picture tomorrow because I only drink one beer a day. It looks like the picture above but in a lesser extent. I also have the same in the empty bottle and some same residues floating on the surface of the beer when the head has collapsed.
It is true also that it is the first time I get a head that last this long.

Petty much how every glass should look if the beer is carbonated properly and brew is done right to give you long lasting head retention and glass is "beer clean". It's a rare animal not see much out in the world as lots of bars do not properly clean their glasses. To make sure your glasses are beer clean try washing by hand and using the salt test as described here...https://content.kegworks.com/blog/beer-clean-glass

Back