What is the "worst" beer you like? Your guilty pleasure, if you will...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to go with Yeungling in honor of my late grandmother (a Yeungling from Pottsville PA). I can also do a cold Budweiser anytime.

God, but I do miss Rheingold and Ballantine back when the drinking age in NJ was 18.

Is anyone able to keep down michelob ultra?

God help us it is AWFUL.

I was at a little pub here that has no less than 20 rare microbrews, and I heard this guy order an Ultra and I almost couldn't hold my tongue.

Yuengling to me is great beer, I'm shocked people have it listed here for guilty pleasure. I look forward to my trips to Pittsburgh every couple months so I can drink yuengling on draft and smuggle a case back Illinois to enjoy. In my opinion yuengling is the best any place anytime beer. It doesn't matter the weather hot or cold or what type of mood I'm in, yuengling meet all requirements at all times for me. Just the perfect easy drinking lager to me.

Yuengling to me is great beer, I'm shocked people have it listed here for guilty pleasure. I look forward to my trips to Pittsburgh every couple months so I can drink yuengling on draft and smuggle a case back Illinois to enjoy. In my opinion yuengling is the best any place anytime beer. It doesn't matter the weather hot or cold or what type of mood I'm in, yuengling meet all requirements at all times for me. Just the perfect easy drinking lager to me.

I agree. I listed Yuengling as something cheap(er), easy to drink and GOOD. However, it by no means is top of the ladder, which maybe is why it got a few votes in here...

Miller chill. I know its wrong but its easy to drink a lot of and I think the salt they added takes away the tartness that the other lime beers have that I just don't like. I'm almost embarrassed to post this but its just one of those carryovers from my early drinking days before I got brave enough to try the better microbrews

^
^
Ya I guess I get what your saying, just made me sad to see it listed as guilty pleasure for "worst beer" you like. O well taste is in the eye of the beer holder. Sorry for my rant and thread rape above.

Does anyone rememeber Miller Red? It came in a red case and was in a red can. I have not seen it in a good 10 years. My "bulk beer" is MGD or PBR. Summer vacations to Wisconsin's northwoods were filled with campfires, fish and MGD.

PBR

This is the first beer I ever drank. The day I tasted it I was in love.

It was a hot hot summer day and my and my buddy were climbing the mountain back to our homes on the top after a long day of chasing girls down in the valley. We diverted to a mountain spring that has near freezing water all year round. When I cupped my hands to fill them with the water gushing out of the mountain side granite I spied a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon carefully placed at the bottom of the cistern. I drove my arm down into the freezing water, making my arm tingle with a burning sensation, to retrieve the can of golden nectar. I pealed back the top and the ice cold PBR was more refreshing than anything that has past my lips to that day.

I drank one last night at the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler. Still as delicious as the first.

Red Dog beer, Havnt been able to find it in a long time.....That and Bud American Ale
Where can you find red dog>?? hah

Lol, Everyone hates on Heineken for some reason. I actually like it and don't mind dropping more money on it when I have a chance.

Cheap beers though... PBR is Actually pretty good and I've been known to be ghetto and hold a 40 of golden piss they call high-life.

Im always a fan of a good cold Rolling Rock on hot days. I grew up drinking PBR so i will always have a little place in my heart for it.

Chromados

Lol, Everyone hates on Heineken for some reason. I actually like it and don't mind dropping more money on it when I have a chance.

Cheap beers though... PBR is Actually pretty good and I've been known to be ghetto and hold a 40 of golden piss they call high-life.

Heineken out of a can or from the keg is much much better than bottles.

PBR, Tecate in a can with salt sprinkled onto the top is quite tasty. I grew up on the king - Budweiser so I would never pass on one. For free of course..

+ 1 on PBR. Gotta love the malty goodness, also great in beer brats! It's BMC, not BMCP dammit! Also Micheloeb Golden if I happen to see it.

Yeungling, i can grab a 12 pack at Total Wine for $9.99, that's my cheap company beer when I don't want the visitors drinking mine :)

PBR -one reason only

I raft the Gauley River every fall with some good friends. After we're done (and still alive - hopefully) the rafting company passes out PBRs on the bus ride back to camp.

The adrenaline is still pumping, we're all alive and reliving the incredible day, and the PBR is ice-freaking-cold.....it is a great bus ride back to camp (where the party really starts).

It is the only time all year that I typically drink PBR and that beer just spells VICTORY (and survival) to me!

bud light... been a staple in my fridge for years.. :)

not TOO bad if it's the only thing I drink in an evening. but, if I drink anything with any flavor to it beforehand, i usually wind up uber-disappointed in the BL...

:mug:

anything mexican I dont drink american macro beer PBR one time gave me a 3 day brain splitting headache.

I'd have to say:

PBR
Miller Lite
Negro Modelo Especial
Michelob Golden Light
Old Style

In that order. :)

Echo "where can you find Red Dog these days"? I haven't seen it around in ages... do they still make it?

Would have to say that Blue Moon is mine. Though it's not really bad or especially cheap. Closest thing to a macro I drink, and I drink it by choice often.

Tuborg Grøn.

Summer day, run to the local supermarket, grab a sixpack, stick it in the freezer for an hour, crack em open pour em out through the lip of ice that "just" started to form under the cap.

Cheap beer, ultra refreshing when cold, and until I can properly lager a beer its the best I can get.

Disagree. I can't take Milwaukee's Best at any temperature. It tastes like the trash can at a fair smells.

ah. the beast. can't drink it anymore due to the quantities I consumed as a frat boy. beast ice is the worst. had a very distinctive flavor that just wouldn't leave the back of your mouth.

beers I enjoy now- PBR, High Life, and Old Style. I rarely drink them now that I brew my own beer but I honestly do enjoy them.

The beast and Natural Light are two beers I can't go near. I get hiccups immediately after my first drink of either of those beers. Don't know what it is about them but a lot of those "light american lagers" do that to me. I know PBR is a real popular beer but that gives me the hiccups as well.

Back