"What is the best beer you have ever had"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a birthday dinner in NYC with some family at this wonderful French place. Food was amazing, sommelier was great and atmosphere was perfect. Switch to beer, order a Sculpin. Got served a generic pilsner, sent it back. They then come back with a witbier. I'm a little frustrated with them and they decide to comp me my next beer. I noticed √225 Saison on the menu, for $16 a bottle. Gimme. Amazing experience passing it around to my dad and uncle as they usually consider most of the craft beers I get them to try as too "extreme."

Or at this tiny festival in bumble**** WV on this random farm. On a headful, beauitiful sunny day. Meeting some new friends and enjoying some afternoon bluegrass and the sky just ****ing opens up into the craziest torrential downpour. Everyone bolts back to their ez-ups for cover. Neighbors ez-up literally collapses from water pooling because they set it up all stupid. Next thing, 10 people just sitting in puddles around me. Decided to break out two growlers of Mosaic Promise I bought, everyone enjoyed the **** out of it. After they kicked, we grabbed some Yuengling cans and did some mud slides down the hill.

Best beer - VSB

Best beer experience - Much tougher as I have been a drunk for a long time. Top of my head:

Setting my beer on the floor of the car to go into the the podunk Wisconsin police station to yell at them for giving my buddy a speeding ticket without showing us the radar gun. Shockingly, they had nothing on hand to show me the statutes I was requesting. We were all surprised my 17 year old self didn't get arrested considering my friends could hear me yelling at the cops while they were still inside the car across the street. My lawyer aspirations were shot down with a vengeance.

Sipping on a Bud while trying to convince my friend to jump off the bridge into the Chicago River after a Bears game in November is pretty high on the list. He did, and it cost me $150. Totally worth it.

But the time I took my dad to my local dive bar tops the list. There might have been tears. I don't want to talk about it.

After climbing a huge ass mountain on Kodiak Island in November in the snow. Successfully stalking, shooting, and butchering a nice black tail buck. And then walking down the mountain, in the dark, in serious bear country with a bloody carcass on my back. That first imperial ipa from the Kodiak Brewing 2+ gallon pig we had in camp was as good as it gets.

The best beer I have ever had would be the ice cold Molson Canadian that was being served on draught at The Gorge. It was ~100 degrees out and Ziggy Marley/Slightly Stoopid/Snoop Dog was the lineup. Let's just say there were a lot of other things happening that day/night that contributed to how awesome that beer was!

Stenciled Pages, or Loerik for rar cobwebby ticker points, but I'd drink Stenciled every day over Loerik tbh.

I would say my first experience with a sour beer. I've never had something like that. Camping with some buddies and somehow an Upland Kiwi Lambic landed in my hand. It was so jaw cringing and mouth puckering. It was pure liquid bliss.

2010 Vanilla Rye with my dad and wife after the Giants won the Super Bowl. Not sure if it was because I was so f'in ecstatic or so f'in drunk.

Any beer on the mountain after my last run for the day snowboarding. Preferably snowing and at least sub 25. I guess this could also apply to any beer on the mountain while snowboarding.
2010 wasn't Rye. Nyuck nyuck nyck. Great beer though! :)

Just had a Unicorn Siberius at the Wrecking bar here in Atlanta last night. Honestly, one of the best beers i've every had. Better than any BA cake I've had and rivals barrel aged huna. If the beer laws here didn't suck I would be begging them to bottle it.

VSB, SR-71 and Framboise Fermier

Favorite semi accessible beer:
Tree house Green and Doppelganger

KSYzTd4.jpg
Hommage.

The first time I had Alpine Nelson and the last time I had Alpine Nelson... RIP Nelson

That beer changed IPAs for me when I first had it... Don't remember when that was but that's it.

Nowadays, the beers that taste best are post surfing beers with a buddy at Pizza Port. There's always a good pale or IPA on at Port...

Jester King MvB at the source for the initial release.

Me and a car full of buddies made the drive down from Dallas for the 1st Saturday that MvB/CdT was available to be picked up. The format of that release made for a relatively calm day. We enjoyed great weather and they had MvB, CdT, Biere de Merlot, La Vie en Rose, etc... on tap. My buddy did a photo shoot for them, so we got to sit around and talk to Jeff and Ron a lot that day as we drank.

After 6 solid hours of drinking great beer in beautiful weather, we all left, satisfied with our single bottle allotments of each completely sober and wishing more releases could be like that...

The first time I had Alpine Nelson and the last time I had Alpine Nelson... RIP Nelson

That beer changed IPAs for me when I first had it... Don't remember when that was but that's it.

Nowadays, the beers that taste best are post surfing beers with a buddy at Pizza Port. There's always a good pale or IPA on at Port...
Nevermind... Best beer ever... Just finished driving 10 hours with two kids in the car and this 3 month old Booming Rollers is is amazing... Amazing

Depends who I drank it with, if I collaborated in the bottle trade. And the type of food that was served with it or after.

1997 Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze. It had two completely different yet pronounced flavor profiles that I've never tasted combined before. Blast of raw honey upfront as it effortlessly bridged toward a massive barnyard funk finish. LuxWanderer and I bumped into each other at the Drie Fonteinen shop and decided to grab a beer together with my sister at the 3F restaurant. This was our choice.

Original 04 cognac lambic brewed in 03 was the best tasting beer I think I have ever had. **** was amazing

Sharing a KBBS with friends while sitting on the patio at TG during the Morning Delight release was pretty cool. Going over to biglobo8971's and having a 3-man share of SR71, a crowler of Wide Awake, and a growler of DBH on a random Tuesday was a pretty neat experience too.

Funky Buddha Morning Wood I would have to say is at the top of my list right now. It was just about perfect in every way. Opening my last bottle at a share this weekend. It's going to be sad when I open the cellar and don't see that bottle looking back at me.

Hair of the Dog Matt.

I've had it at least a dozen times, every time I wonder if it will live up to how I remember it. Especially after I've been able to try things like BVDL, SR-71, Lente, etc... I figure Matt will be overshadowed by them. But then I go back to Matt, take the first sip, and its the most perfect, complex, sweet, smokey, chocolatey, leathery, oaky liquid I've had.

Bottles of Coronitas and Ceviche on the boat in the Gulf of Mexico after swimming with Whale sharks on my honeymoon. Hands down #1 beer of all time, that Corona was ****ing perfect.

Runner ups:
Westmalle "Half & Half" at Trappiste Cafe in Malle, Belgium.
Goose Island's Test Batch #2 of Green Line poured from my Kegerator (it was my first ever keg.)
Founders Harvest Ale 2006 or 2007 in my kitchen a few months after Kim and i moved in together.

Back