What is it called??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemybrew

Reaction score
I went on a tour of a brewpub, and during the tour something caught my attention that I cant find information on.
They had a name for the vessel they heat the water up in (no, I can't remember it!) that wasn't familiar to me. I'm not sure if it's just something they call it, or what, but I can't find anything online, other than 'water source' or 'hot water vessel' or something like that.

It's not the mashtun, not the boil kettle, not the fermenter.
The large hot water tank is called....?

Ah. That was it. I think a combination of a term I wasn't familiar with, and running the words together or something :).
Thanks!

Hot "Liquor" Tank always threw me when I first started homebrewing...it's just water...there's no liquor in there!! :)

Hot "Liquor" Tank always threw me when I first started homebrewing...it's just water...there's no liquor in there!! :)

that's probably yet another reason it didn't register on my brain. Or the 3 pints I drank before going on the tour....

Back