What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about using one of those jet bottle washers? That would be very minimal effort. Blast it and put on bottle tree. I'm thinking I should get one.

I use the vinator-style bottle washer with a reservoir of StarSan solution (at least at bottling time). Way easier than soaking.

As for at time of drinking, I'm somewhat fortunate to have a wet bar in my basement--pour a bottle, rinse at sink, put on bottle tree to dry. YMMV.

Yeah, I have to put them on my cart & wheel'em into the kitchen & back. If I do get a jet washer, I'd have to use my adapter every time. But it would be worth it. Anyway, made some fresh PBW to soak'em in 12-13 at a time for an hour per batch. Scrub, empty, rinse & onto the tree. I usually need to do this once a year with all the bottles. And I've got the avinator for bottling day...

Moved my harvested yeast from mason jars to preforms.

Zvf7s5bf4oMbtIedu25kIPzipOSkNRTMelCxctf95p2V5N0hdlFrPM9Xt3yKaBAmfZ_LqPUapvZifQbVOT_KE3TEzWtyoOOIypciTE2R2xu-_On77EGDcdVefANw7drpL-skqdJHTeRHthTJaviMadKPMI8GWvUROuGG9k7sxMAGDp-XtinMj2FRN0hqSjaL8ShbI0V5Lv6PQ8n2-Jt-X43pGJnC3qyRJBYZzBLnuitAF5Ge4Hm68NKFvtVsVf-WXt7h84QN8h94_8rlw1XuE3oWDRegB8wy1-ZKpL3Dn_1DgTUCIbX4fxi8XDF7n7cnnHcC7K2hhyFvoiRaQ4jeQF791vIg21FSKXkeK6bDLlLFjlsMFAWt-cbJie8a8kqCVWRxGo1Vzez9B__EswL4X3UtsbRiGZ0gsxBPK6evMvrLiCUqIgM3-M7N4-EPnh2tyHzBlFh7bqQBYbxcl67qwoqosf7WPKu1qUEl7M9t0Qe7OoaLMlwiO4i1Jlgkb_85YGaj0l18QRmwT_TXgzgORM7ZobPUO-L22C1Y1rbGHsaqpXpBm8viWaRaciYg0c6aOI-TSQ=w1260-h945-no

I also added a Tee to one of my gas lines. I'll eventually put in a manifold or secondary regulator.

ULNlc1TK5DixJFDWfoYNxsmgl0UVRF03xyp_M7lxaTIfI6f16EoC9_8c9KTZT70QG1dLv2Kn2W04bcp7ZFdD9piSubUlV7eSMwvHhPQdURAleZ7JiA92IOIUnfh9epU6vbdns_yWK_I8fu2lDubzZyBuUS9TRzB0Z8ehWk8JmNPu0mYXxo0ACfP2rF8knG2ErRKQDE4-5p5ai9h_dXfKXicnODsNZ-3oKjhZTchwHA_6nWJU_WornVKU8O0ChdmjQrS2_TiR3LJqvcrcPpn8r5xsW_F8Tc4Wb5Ji4Tao8iIwYSV3Y5pfPp0P6lUtzec-tuoez0ITK4xUQapcItkd0AWDe4xFpTmjQ12VBojm1Fq2j7nX0i4PdNHIywSC7Fiy8Ytw2k2sMx61aEf3P5EsatXn65IBAPaTA-sJOgs32fGKiJ_vEBax3xeOwKIFt4jeSUFvq5Y8SOYMab-DMpG6iPAGf-7AdvHMiI674f03GS-YOFrOWjzrCAkCkF7CN4jdCxIe82fFJyd2YPb4Qad055V1P_lLJQfHUpy_elTX5nHO5Nd3oYYgrrn5FUeChsEC3GWB4A=w1260-h945-no

Double milled some grain for a brown ale tomorrow. Watched the starter spin on the stir plate for a while. Mesmerizing...

I just wrapped up bottling a 3 gallon batch of a Dark IPA.
My 3rd all grain BIAB batch. With the two boys home at Christmas my supply has gotten very low. Will try to do a batch next weekend depending on how cold it is out.

Cheers All..

Checked on my fermenter in the brew room to make sure it was bubbling and I'm happy to report it has a strong fermatation going on. Ya baby

Brewed up a batch of St Patrick's Irish Stout- St Patty's day is a BIG thing in the Savannah, GA area...Might break out the green food color and have some green beer!LOL

Lotsa stuff: kegged my bohemian pils and started lagering it, ordered a replacement electrode for my pH meter, got ingredients for the nex lager (which I'll brew the first weekend it's above freezing), and figured out some recipes for the odds and ends ingredients I have lying around. I'm going to use up the leftover extract I have on a simple pipeline filler 20-minute boil Centennial pale ale.

I programmed my STC1000 to cold crash my Wit over three days instead of ramping the temperature to 21°C over three days. Luckily I caught it a few hours later before it had cooled much.
Don't chat with the neighbour while doing important beer stuff!

Fixed a leak in my kegerator. Keg lid wasn't sealed properly due to fishing line holding the dry hop bag up, as well as not enough keg lube on the gasket. Annoyed that I lost another tank of co2...

Looked in my fermentation fridge to admire high krausen in a brown ale.

Bought a cereal killer and a bag of MO! Also bought a pound each of Citrus, Cascade and EKG. Goal is to go bulk this year and save some $$.

Ordered a inkbird temp controller. I can now have the kegerator and my ferm chamber going at the same time, rather than having to share my ranco unit between the two. Also ordered some star san and pbw . Picked up beer for the rest of my weekend and the week, gotta have my stock full.

Finally installed my sight tube from brew hardware. One thing I never liked about sight glasses was I was afraid of breaking them. This design seems to work well. It occurred to me though that I think the numbers are supposed to be on the kettle. It's just didn't seem like a good place to me because it's it's so far away from the tubing. I think once I use it I'll figure it out and then have to order more decals. :)
Either way, easy install and adding 10 gallons of water didn't result in a leak.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1453075643.054198.jpg

Ordered 4 ounces of chinook and azacca hops each for more single hop IPA l am doing this year. Also ordered some filter pads to see if they will work in my filter housing. Figure it'll be nice to clear up a beer using a filter, maybe even filter through some hops.

Ordered 4 ounces of chinook and azacca hops each for more single hop IPA l am doing this year. Also ordered some filter pads to see if they will work in my filter housing. Figure it'll be nice to clear up a beer using a filter, maybe even filter through some hops.

Huzzah! Post #10,000!

Back