What hose should I use for pumping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bckyrdkid420

Reaction score
I went with the silicone stuff as I see that most commonly used. Just arrived yesterday!

And I wouldn't bother trying to find it locally. I did find it at my LHBS but they wanted 4 bucks per foot even after calling them out on the price.

Either or is a good choice. You can see the wort flow through the silicone, which is fun.

_

Oh, and search Cam Locks. Can't have $10 hoses without adding the Cam Locks.

Oh, and search Cam Locks. Can't have $10 hoses without adding the Cam Locks.

Yeah, I was wondering about that also... I'm looking at the SS Cam Locks from AHS (can't beat the price), but wondered if there was something people used more? (ie: Quick Connects)

Also, do most people put the female end of CL on the equipment and the male end on the hoses??

I have the chugger pump with silicon hose and SS cam locks....love it! I put the female ends on the hoses w/ 90's, works great for me. I also put a valve on the discharge side of the pump for controlling flow rate when mashing.

I bought my cams and tubing from Wayne at bargain fittings. He is a stand-up guy to deal with and his prices and flat rate shipping compete with all others.

standard silicone will work just fine, just don't shut down a valve on the exit side or you risk rupturing the hose as they have a low burst psi...if you are worried you can get the braided type, but that is pretty expensive.

I would figure the cost of braided to be in the $8-10 range per foot for 1/2 ID

Back