What Hardware for wooden brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stovetop535

Reaction score
I finally picked up the lumber to make my brewstand. Single tier, 3 burners and 2 pumps. I rummaged through the reject pile of lumber at HD and was able to pick up almost everything at 70% off. It is not going to be a cosmetically pretty brewstand like some I have seen on here, but budget wise it will work.

My question is, can I get by using my framing nailer to connect my 2x6 and 2x8's to my 4x4 posts in the corners, or should I use carriage bolts or lag screws?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/scubas-herms-build-36267/

That is most of my inspiration, along with a few other stands and threads I have saved. I have a ton of extra 6d nails for my framing nailer ranging from 2.5 to 3.5". If these will work I would like to use them up, especially since they would be a lot cheaper than buying the other hardware.

Thanks
Alex

That's good to hear. I also have some left over construction adhesive I can use along with the nails.

I just really don't want to buy all the lags or Carriage bolts unless I don't have to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Back