What happened to my beer?!? (With pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I’m glad every has gotten a kick out of this at least
Well I think now you hold the world record in most trub in a 5 gallon batch, but seriously it's all on the journey to brewing good beers, we've all made mistakes that we have all learned from and you showed all of us what happens when you add an oz of Irish moss to a batch of beer now we don't have to try it[emoji6].

Just put this beer aside and brew another one, and when you nail the next one you'll be glad for what you have learned.

I was surprised, a good mystery obviously interests the ole' HBT brewing crowd. Funny how some threads get a dozen replies and others die quickly!

Hope it's a drinkable mistake.

I want to see how you clean that trub if it all compacts.

It’s at my friends house..I’ll be over in a couple days to try it again. We’ll see!

Nope. I believe that would be excess Irish moss. This was a BIAB so definitely no grain in there!

C'mon man, updates! Count me in as somebody who wants to see the latest pictures!

Well guys, it got worse. The smell got worse and the trub never settled and it definitely grew bacteria. We had to dump it [emoji22]

Back