What does your favourite commercial beer cost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyD

Reaction score
You know how they sometimes pin the value of currency on the price of a Mcdonalds burger in different countries? Lets try that......with beer? but name your own favourite commercial beer and price

Here in South africa we have "Castel" and "Black lable" lager, both similar, the later just a bit more malty/sweet.
Cost R7.50 (rands) .............+/- $1 for 340ml

Most of the really good craft brews here are 7.99-10.99 for a six pack of 12 oz. bottles. 22oz. bombers range from $4.99-$12.99 depending on what you want.

Not my FAVORITE beer, but I just bought a 6-pack of Rogue Dead Guy Ale to compare with my clone that will be ready soon and paid $15 after tax, YIKES, makes me appreciate my homebrew that much more

I'd say of my favorites, the average price per 6 pack is somewhere between $10-$11

This, sitting in the shade in the Kloster's biergarten. Price? Unobtainable here in the states.

IMG_0579.jpg

Nearly all craft and imports tend to be $8.50 / 6 in Rhode Island. If I'm buying a standard beer, it's usually Magic Hat #9 or Harpoon UFO White, or an English or Irish import.

There are exceptions that cost more or less (e.g. big name imports like Bass or Newcastle on sale).

----> see, you CAN save money brewing beer: $68 vs $30 ingredient cost (plus $40 aggregate equipment cost and it's just like buying beer :cross:). I'm not sure what cases cost - I don't usually buy that much at one time (unless it has fancy "silver bullet" packaging).

absolutly wicked that you guys can buy beer at supermarkets!! we need to go to bottle stores that has 9-5 hours and colsed on sundays! takes some planing sometimes!

My favorites change all the time, usually something hoppy like a Green Flash West Coast IPA or the IPA included in Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp 12 pack recently which was about $1.50 per bottle. Double Mountain in Hood River makes a nice IRA which is not available in bottles, so I had to brew something.

The great thing about brewing at home is you can create something similar and enjoy 5-10 gallons of that beer for $.20 - $.60 a glass. So in the end the price of commercial beer doesn't mean all that much to me as I usually only buy a bottle at a time in the name of research.

Breckenridge 471 smal batch Imperial IPA, cost $14.99 a sixer here, love it but don't buy it very often.

For the price of 12 double cheeseburgers from the dollar menu at McD's, I can have a 4pk of Surly Furious.

Unibroue La Fin du Monde: about $9.50 for a 750 mL bottle.
Franziskaner Hefe: $9.00 for a 6-pack

Saranac Pale Ale - $7.99/6 pack
Went for variety yesterday and picked up one of their Trail Mix 6 packs knowing I'd like the Black & Tan, PA, and IPA. Been about 15 years since I had the Black Forest and Brown Ale so couldn't remember if I liked them or not. Now to figure out something to do with the Adirondack Lager (not a big lager fan).

Unibroue La Fin du Monde: about $9.50 for a 750 mL bottle
That's some good stuff...have to find someone that carries it around here.

I'm addicted to Maui Brewing's Big Swell I.P.A. - $9.99 for 6pack (12oz cans). Just visited their brewpub in Lahaina and loved the Belgian IPA too.

Cheers.

$9-$15 for my favorites. Racer is on the lower end, thought Hop Rod Rye is $8 a four pack. Ruination and Oaked Arrogant 13-15 a six pack.

Um, the last 6 pack I bought was Leffe and it was $9.99. I think. For commercial beer the wife and I usually hit Central Market where we can do a mix 6 pack so we pay a little more to be able to break up a regular six pack and just take 1-2 beers from it.

My favorites seem to change frequently but the good stuff starts at 7.99 a sixer (not many at that price) and head on up to 9.99 for a four pack (seems to be more craft beers selling that way).

I usually just see what's on sale for $6.99 a six pack. It rotates around, but with deschutes, bridgeport, full sail, Alaskan, some widmer, Sierra Nevada and others to choose from I can't complain. Sometimes I'll break the bank and spend $7.99 :)

I love the rogue garage sales. Last time I got a case of 12 750ml bottles for $27. That was for the double mocha porter too!

Um, the last 6 pack I bought was Leffe and it was $9.99. I think. For commercial beer the wife and I usually hit Central Market where we can do a mix 6 pack so we pay a little more to be able to break up a regular six pack and just take 1-2 beers from it.

Love that place!!! We used to live in Keller and go there all the time. They have a great singles section too, that's how I discovered well's bombardier. :off:

Correction on the local price of fuller's ESB, I found a 6er for $9.69 last night!:ban:

I'm addicted to Maui Brewing's Big Swell I.P.A. - $9.99 for 6pack (12oz cans). Just visited their brewpub in Lahaina and loved the Belgian IPA too.

That's my favorite beer when I'm in HI and I'm enjoying the micro can revolution. It's a great way to keep glass off the beaches and cold beer in the cooler.

I see Sierra Nevada PA for $8.99 a six pack and a limited selection of west coast craft beer.

I just treated my self to a KBS and DFH World Wide Stout. At $8 each for a 12oz single, the KBS was worth every penny, the WWS is unfortunately headed down to the cellar for a few years

my wife bought me a mix six for fathers day $60.
but when I buy A case it's usually ~$30 for 24 12oz bottles

Back