What do you think!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewjay

Reaction score
So I have caught the bug with brewing (of course) hahaha. My wife had the idea that I should start a homebrew shop. Problem is I dont think there is many customers her in my hometown. So I thought about selling on here and online. While trying to carry extracts,grains, Hops, crystals, yeast, flavoring the whole sabang. What do you guys think? Not trying to make a million just trying to keep busy while not brewing!!!:mug:

A long time ago I read there is a forum just for retailers in the beer business. Not sure where though. If I can find it I'll pass it along. Good luck. I, too, would love to serve homebrewers. They sure are a friendly group!

my idea is that i already have a full time job that pays the bills. So most shops have to turn a profit to cover lot of overhead and have to make something for them. Well I am looking for something to do. So that means wholesale prices for me wholesale prices for everyone else

If you have the money why not but I think you would have more luck with a local shop rather than focus solely on online because other shops probably can offer way better prices since they have the money to purchase in greater quantities. That being said knowledge can be one of your greatest assets in that type of business. I can almost always find a better deal online but I go to the store for the advice and knowledge of my local hbs and the extra few bucks I pay is worth that.

Back